Search for content in message boards

Hoge Family Origination

Hoge Family Origination

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoge, Hogue
I am descended from Hoges who lived in ND. I've traced them back to Greifenberg in Pommerania in the late 1700's. Is anyone on this list from that area?

There was a bit of information on one family that they'd stayed in PA for a year before moving west to ND.

Isn't there also a large line of Hoge/Hogue family in the south (TX)?

Thank you,
Carol Fowler

Re: Hoge Family Origination

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Hogue
There are at least two and probably more Hogue families in Texas. Mine were from Virginia and wandered through the midwest (Indiana and Missouri) before lighting in Texas.

Posted: 2 Dec 2007 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hoge, Hogue
Do you know where your Hoge family originated from? Was it Germany (Pommerania)?

Carol

Posted: 2 Dec 2007 9:37PM GMT
My family (not proven) most likely came from England

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 1:11AM GMT
My Hoge family is from Austria (Gottschee)

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 8:19PM GMT
The oldest known traceable 'Hoge' lived in what is now Belgium.

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 3:18AM GMT
I've just started genealogy, and only have my side of the Hoges (from Texas) to Arkansas in 1880. There are several Hoges here in the south, none of which seem to be related to me. My grandfather changed the spelling of Hoge to Hogue sometime in the 1920s. I have been unable to find my line before that. Don't know if this is a help.
Carol Beck

Posted: 6 Nov 2010 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hoge
Hi,
I try to get to the roots of my family, at least as far as possible. I live in Poland, Pommerania site to be exact. My family lives here for over 100 years and that is documented. Unfortunately there was a fire in the office before the war and it is difficult to get the info now. There is a possibility that Hoge family came here from Holland as my city used to be first trading port in Poland back in the 18th century. Well, anyway, I just thought someone might help or look for more traces. Good Luck

Posted: 7 Nov 2010 7:23PM GMT
Hello, I'm very excited to hear from you!!! My Hoge family also originated in Pommerania. They were from the towns of Treptow, Belbuck and Gutzlaffshagen. I've traced them back to the early 1830's. Please contact me (mzblueiz@yahoo.com). It sounds like our families could be connected!!

Carol

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Howe; Hoge
Which home are you all referring to? Sunnyside or Belle Hampton? Daniel Howe was my 5th great grandfather, and I believe they are all buried at Sunnyside. My cousin now own the adjoining property known as Belle Hampton. I'm checking with her to see if any family cemetaries are located on that property.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic