Search for content in message boards

Henry TUCKs

Henry TUCKs

Marian (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2000 7:35AM GMT
Posted: 15 Apr 2000 11:06AM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2001 10:06PM GMT
This is what I show on the different Henry Tuck's. You will have to verify all information given however. Richard Henry 4 Tuck(Phaltiel 3, Edward "Ned" 2, John 1) born 17 May 1828 in Halifax Co., VA; died abt 1900. He married on 7 Nov 1849 in Halifax Co., VA Margaret Jane Tuck born 16 Feb 1830; died 16 Jan 1924, daughter of Edward Irby Tuck and Margaret Dewberry. Richard Henry Tuck was a Major in the War between the States in the Confederate Army. His children: John Wool Tuck, Sarah Catherine Tuck, Elizabeth Mary "Betsy" Tuck, Margaret Alice Tuck, Henry Tuck, Flora Tuck, Nancy Tuck, Virginia F. Tuck. His son Henry Tuck married Victoria Tuck and had a daughter named Bessie Tuck who married Gus Tuck. Then there is Henry Winfield Tuck, son of John Wool Tuck and Nancy C. Tuck, born 7 Jan 1890; died 2 Aug 1959 who married Beulah Adams Bray. There is also James Henry Tuck born 1864; died 1954; buried in Winnville Cem, Susan Moore, Blount Co., AL who married Sarah E. Kerr. His lineage (John Dorsey 4, Eli Boyd 3, Bennett 2, John 1. His children: Maude M. Tuck, James B. Tuck, John Ronald Tuck, Gertrude Tuck, Dewey Tuck, Lillian Tuck, Grace Tuck, Mamie Lou Tuck, Robert Harold Tuck, Muriel Tuck, HENRY ARTICE TUCK, born 7 Apr 1914 who married Gertrude Bryant, Jimmy Tuck. Then again, there is Henry Carlton Tuck (Judge) born 12 Feb 1864 in Buck Branch Dist, Clarke Co., Ga; died 13 Dec 1939 in Athans, GA; buried in Oconee Hill Cem., Athans, Clarke Co., GA. Judge Henry Carlton Tuck at the age of seventeen was awarded an AB degree with first honors from the University of Georgia. He later received a B.L. degree and began his life-long practice of law in Athens. He served as Mayor of that city, as Legislator from Clarke County, and for many years as Judge of the city Court, having been reelected to that office shortly before his death. He was a deep student of the Bible and for over a quarter of a century was a teacher of a unique Sunday School class, which bears his name in the First Methodist Church. As described by one of its members, it "was composed of one hundred and fifty men and was a cross-section of Athens citizens-rich and poor, great and small, saint and sinner, Jew and Gentile-who met every Sabbath to hear Judge Tuck's words of spiritual wisdom and wholsome philosophy" At his death, the Athens Banner described him editorially as "one of Georgeia's most eminent practitioners and jurists-one who measured up in life's requirements to the fullest." He was the 10th child of Robert Tuck and Dicey Louisa O'Kelley. There is also Henry Howard Tuck, son of Paul Holland Tuck(1880) and Flora Apt Tuck(1884) who married Alma Moss. Their child was Michael Andrew Tuck. This is posted to help someone searching for these Tucks.

Henry TUCK

Regina GRIDER Pipes (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 7:02AM GMT
My great grandmother was Ann Eliza TUCK that married Joseph GRIDER in 1846 in Blount Co., Tennessee. They bought and sold land to a Henry TUCK. I have always wondered if he may have been Ann Eliza's dad or mabey Uncle or brother. I think Ann Eliza may have been born around 1825.
Regina GRIDER Pipes
regina.pipes@prodigy.net

Henry Tuck

Marian (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2000 9:14AM GMT
I have several Henry Tucks. I am going to post some notes on the back of each Henry Tuck.
Your message from the
The Tuck Surname Message Board

Message #317 Tuesday, August 15, 2000
Subject: Henry TUCK

Posted by: Regina GRIDER Pipes
Message: My great grandmother was Ann Eliza TUCK that married Joseph GRIDER in 1846 in Blount Co., Tennessee. They bought and sold land to a Henry TUCK. I have always wondered if he may have been Ann Eliza's dad or mabey Uncle or brother. I think Ann Eliza may have been born around 1825.
Regina GRIDER Pipes
regina.pipes@prodigy.net
have marriage date as 7 Nov 1849 must be bond date.
-------
Copied from a book entiled "history of Halifax County, Virginia" writtenby Writ Johson Carrington, Published in 1942, Appeals Inc. Richmond, VA.
Richard H. Tuck and Margaret Tuck; Nov 8, 1849; page 499.
----------------------------------------------
Information: from Tuck Surname Message Board: from Brenda (Kinder) Holmeyer.
this is what I show on the different Henry Tuck's.You will have to verify all information given however:
Richard Henry 4 Tuck (Phaltiel 3, Edward "Ned"2, John 1) born 17 May 1828 in Halifax Co., VA; died abt 1900. He married on Nov 1849 in Halifax County, VA. Margaret Jane Tuck born 16 Feb 1830; died 16 Jan 1924, daughter of Edward Irby Tuck and Margaret Dewberry.

Richard Henry Tuck was a Major in the War between the States in the Confederate Army. His children: John Wool Tuck, Sarah Catherine Tuck, Elizabeth Mary "Betsy" Tuck, Margaret Alice Tuck, Henry Tuck, Flora Tuck, Nancy Tuck, Virginia F. Tuck.

His son, Henry Tuck married Victoria Tuck and had a daughter named Bessie Tuck who married Gus Tuck.

Then there is Henry Winfield Tuck, son of John Wool Tuck and Nancy C. Tuck, born 7 Jan 1890; died 2 Aug 1959 who married Beulah Adams Bray.

There is also James Henry Tuck born 1864: died 1954; buried in Winnville Cemetery, Susan Moore, Blount County, AL who married Sarah E. Kerr. His lineage (John Dorsey 4, Eli Boyd 3, Bennett 2, John 1 ) His children: Maude M.Tuck, James b. Tuck, John Ronald Tuck, Gertrude Tuck, Dewey Tuck, Lillian Tuck, Grace Tuck, Mamie Lou Tuck, Robert Harold Tuck, Muriel Tuck, Henry Artice Tuck, born 7 April 1914 who married Gertrude Bryant, Jimmy Tuck.

Then again, there is Henry Carlton Tuck (Judge) born 12 Feb 1864 in Buck Branch Dist, Clarke County, GA; died 13 Dec 1939 in Athans, GA; buried in Oconee Hill Cem, Athans, Clarke Co., GA. Judge Henry Carlton Tuck at the age of seventeen was admitted an AB degree with first honors from the University of Georgia. He later received a B.L. degree and began his life-long practice of law in Athens. He served as Mayor of that city, as Legislator from Clarke County, and for many years as Judge of the city Court, having been reelected to that office shortly before his death. He was a deep student of the Bible and for over a quarter of a century was a teacher of a unique Sunday School class, which bears his name in the First Methodist Church. As described by one of its members, it "was composed of one houndred and fifty men and was a cross-section of Athens citizens -rich and poor, great and small, saint and sinner, Jew and Gentile - who met every 'Sabbath to hear Judge Tuck's words of spiritural wisdom and wholesome philosophy". At his death, the Athens Banner described him editorially as "one of Georgia's most eminent practitioners and jurists-one who measured up in life's requirements to the fullest." He was the 10th child of Robert Tuck and Dicey Louisa O[Kelley

. There is also Henry Howard Tuck, son of Paul Holland Tuck (1880) and Flora Apt Tuck (1884) who married Alma Moss. Their child was Michael Andrew Tuck. this is posted to help someone searching for these Tucks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information from Brenda C. Holmeyer
May 24, 2000
RE: FW: Richard Henry Tuck and Margaret Jane Tuck:

This is what the information I have shows on Richard Henry Tuck.
Richard Henry Tuck, son of Phaltiel Tuck and Sarah Catharine Tuck, born 17 May 1828, Halifax Co., VA.
died about 1900.
He married Margaret Jane Tuck, (daughter of Edward Irby Tuck, Jr.)
His siblings are:
(1) Catharine Collins Tuck born 1821 in Halifax Co., VA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This might be too long to do this way..
I will post it to your email.
If anyone else is interested, please post to me. My email is MFPedersen@msn.com

BLOUNT CO. TN.

TUCK BILLY (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 8:05PM GMT
MY GREAT GG FATHER CAME FROM MARYVILLE TN. BURIED IN OK. JAMES MADISON TUCK 1853-1947.

Are your tucks any relation to the Tucks from...

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:02PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2001 12:32AM GMT
Billy,

Would your James Madison Tuck be related to Martha Ann Tuck. She was boun in 1863, and died in 1900. She is buried in Solway Tennessee. She was married to Alexander John Crawford. Born:1865 and died in 1945. They had a daughter Maggie Crawford who married Mack C.Taylor Martha is my gr gr gr grandmother. Martha I have been told had a brother his name was Ben Tuck. I cannot document this though. I know that Martha was full cherokee. If any of this rings a bell please e-mail me at eaemert@aol.com

Thanks
EA Emert

henry tuck

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 7:16AM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2001 2:27AM GMT
do you have any information on who henry francis tuck married, born around 1827 in va and died around 1865?

lnash
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 10:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2001 10:06PM GMT
I have a Henry Tuck who married Victoria Tuck. His father was Richard Henry Tuck; grandfather was Phaltiel Tuck; ggrandfather was Edward "Ned" Tuck; gggrandfather was John Tuck. They had a daughter Bessie Tuck who married Gus Tuck. That's all that I have. No birthdate, no place of birth; no marriage date; no place of marriage.

Re: Henry Tuck

gwen pearsall (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2002 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Marian Henry Tuck married Sallie R.Owens daugther of Wil Owens,son Moses Tuck who married Sylvia last name unknown so far Moses abd Slyvia son was Peter who marrried Margaret Stewart daughter of Jackson Stewart William B.Tuck was their son. Do you knows theses names . Thank you Gwen

Re: Henry Tuck

Marian (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2002 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have 26 Henry Tuck names listed on my data base, none with a spouse named Sallie R. Owens.
I have a few William Owens and a Willy Owens listed on my data base but none with a child named Sallie R. Owens.
I have 3 Moses Tuck listed on my data base but none who have parents listed as Henry or Sallie Tuck.
There are some names that do not have spouses listed or children listed.
But I do have most of these names listed with dates.

Maybe if you have some dates that go with your names might help to see if any of these are connected.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions