Search for content in message boards

Christ Lutheran Church - Stouchsburg

Christ Lutheran Church - Stouchsburg

Posted: 6 May 2002 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2006 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Stutzman
Looking for information on this church. Does it have a cemetery and if so, does anyone have records of who is buried there?
I am looking for Gottfried STUTZMAN. In the church records, it shows his widow, Christina, was a sponsor for a FISCHER family baptism on Aug 17, 1834.

Thank you in advance,
Dan - Florida

Re: Christ Lutheran Church - Stouchsburg

Posted: 14 May 2002 3:10AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 1:05AM GMT
Dan, My 4th great grandparents were married at that church in 1782. It is now known as Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church, and the town is now Womelsdorf, PA. I recently corresponded with the Pastor there who was very helpful. He informed me that the church has sent its old records, for safekeeping, to The Lutheran Archives Center at Philadelphia, 7301 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19119. However, they do has a transcribed set of records at the church in case of genealogical inquiries. You might try writing him. Pastor Philip K. Smith, Christ Lutheran Church, 27 Longs Church Lane, Womelsdorf, PA 19567-9457 Hope that helps.

Posted: 14 May 2002 3:17AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 1:05AM GMT

By the way, there is a photo of the original church, AND ITS CEMETARY, published in "The Leonards and Related Families", c.1983 by Clark Leonard. email me, and I can send you a scanned copy.

Alan

Posted: 14 May 2002 10:53PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2006 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Stutzman, Snyder, Breslin
Gary - Thanks for the lead. Will follow through on that

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 2:38AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 12:35PM GMT
Hi Dan, Re: Christ Lutheran Church, If

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Stutzman
Hi Dan,

I have a line that ties into Gottfried Stutzman and Christine Schaffer. Were you ever able to find information about them? I am looking for their daughter Salome. I have some records that show her as a daughter and I have seen other things on the internet that show her as his wife. I just wondered if you had any thing to prove either relationship.

Any help you have would be great.
Thanks,

Peggi Egnew Williams
Mesa, AZ

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 10:30AM GMT
Hi Peggi,

I cannot check my information until this weekend and will respond to you.

Dan

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 11:25AM GMT
Hi Peggi,

I do have some information. Gottfried is my 3rd great grandfather. He was born April 25, 1790 and baptised June 6, 1790 in Altalaha Evangelical Luthern Church in Rehrersburg, PA; he was married to Maria Christina Schaeffer. Salome could be the daughter I need to complete his children as the 1830 lists 4 and I have records on 3. I will be happy to provide you with the information I have. Please e-mail me at dstutzma@tampabay.rr.com

Regards,
Dan

per page

Find a board about a specific topic