Search for content in message boards

Sanders Family Halifax VT and Jefferson Co NY

Sanders Family Halifax VT and Jefferson Co NY

Posted: 24 Nov 2006 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sanders
Seeking information on the Sanders Family of Jefferson Co., NY. Jared married Sarah A. ? about 1860 they had two children Orlo b. 1861 and Jennie b. 1964. He was the son of Joesph Sanders b. 1871 in Halifax VT d. 1850 Wilna, Jefferson Co. NY and Lucinda Fairman b. 1872 in Massachuetts and d 1867 Wilna NY. any information about these people or the colateral lines would be most helpful

Re: Sanders Family Halifax VT and Jefferson Co NY

barb flint (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2006 3:31AM GMT
Watertown Herald, May 6, 1893

The funeral services of Mrs,
Jared Sanders, an old and respected, citizen,
were held from the M. E. church
last Tuesday. She leaves an aged hus- ,
band and two children, Chas. Van Antwerp,
of Watertown, and Mrs. Harvey
Lake, of this place, to mourn her loss.
She was 78 years of age.—

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 7:14PM GMT
Thank you for the assistance the information you provided was my Gr Gr grandmother obit with your information I was able to find the original. However that brought in another mystery "Chas Van Antwerp" since I do not have Sarah's maiden name it is difficult to tell if this is a brother or another relative. I've posted the following information in some other places on the boards in hopes of garnering further responses. Seeking information on Charles, the only information I have reference him is that he is mentioned in an Obit May 6, 1893 Watertown NY Herald. The mention is in the Obit of my Gr gr grandmother Sarah A. Sanders. The specific passage is "Chas Van Antwerp and Mrs. Harvey Lake (my gr grandmother) to mourn her loss. Her husband Jared Sanders is still alive and they are together. So are my Great grandparents Harvey and Jennie (Sanders) Lake. Since they only mention "Mrs Harvey Lake" and "Chas Van Antwerp" I am assuming that this may be her brother or other very close relation from her family but I'm not positive. Sarah A. was born in 1819 in New York. Any help would be greatly appriecated

barb flint (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2006 7:50PM GMT
Here's another bit of info you might be able to use. I'm not related, but my ancestors also migrated from Windham to Jefferson NY.

Jefferson county Journal, Aug. 30, 1887

SANDERS-ERVIN—At Antwerp Aug. 21st. by
Rev. H W. Howard. Orlo Sanders, of Watertown,
and Jennette Ervin, of Philadelphia.

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 7:55PM GMT
Your hitting them on the nose, that is the son of Jared and Sarah Sanders, and just another connection that I just figured out Chas Van Antwerp is Sarah's son. He is listed in 1860 census as Charles V. Sanders. But it was listed wrong. Is there a specific site that your are getting the newspaper information from ?

barb flint (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2006 8:17PM GMT
Check out Watertown Herald
http://news.nnyln.net/

this site is having problems and can't always get on, but worth it when you do. I can't get on to give you a link, but it's fultonhistory.com keep trying and you'll get it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions