Search for content in message boards

Eldora Lawson

Eldora Lawson

Posted: 19 May 2011 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lawson
I am looking for the maiden name of Eldora Lawson, who was married to Dr. Thomas J. Lawson. In 1910 and 1920 they were living in Pine, Brown County; in 1930 they were living in Ainsworth. Reportedly, they are buried in Ainsworth Cemetery. Eldora was born c1862 in New York, Thomas was born c1862 in Canada.

Re: Eldora Lawson

Posted: 22 May 2011 7:57PM GMT
Lawson, Eldora Milks(wife of Dr. T.J.) 10-21-1860 02-08-1953 Elk Creek, NY 20 7 B
Lawson, Dr. Thomas James(husband of Eldora) 06-12-1862 01-24-1938 Toronto, Canada 20 7 A
this is listed in the cemetery files on Brown co. web page...after the 1 of June I will have time to check thelocal paper for obits. Kathy

Posted: 22 May 2011 10:36PM GMT
Thank you Kathy,
I was skeptical of Eldora Milks marrying Thom. Lawson, because of their diverse births, but then I found a marriage record for them at: Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992 for Thomas J. Lawson, on Family Search. The marriage record named her parents and her place of birth as NY. Then I learned that one of Eldora's older sisters and her family also moved to Iowa. I surmise then that Eldora either went with them or went to Iowa later to live with them. Much of his happened in the census 'dead zone' period of 1880 to 1900.

Posted: 31 May 2011 5:58PM GMT
Found the obits for Eldora and Thomas James Lawson. It did not list much on hers other than the marriage date of Nov 9, 1896, in Perry Iowa. Stated they lived fist in Jolly, Iowa and then at Ute till about 1907, when came to Long Pine Ne for his asthma. After selling the practice in Long Pine around 1927, they visited Cananda [his place of birth] then came to Ainsworth where he was the school physician. He took his early medical training in Toronto, Canada, and received his degree at Omaha Medical College in 1894. Thomas Lawson had 2 sisters, Ellen J McMillen and Martha Lawson Jodd, both of Saskatchewan, Canada and 2 brothers, Dr. Wm Lawson of Toronto, and Dr. John Lawson of Rocky Ford, Colorado.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions