Search for content in message boards

seeking info on Pierre Cousin (1710 to 1745)

seeking info on Pierre Cousin (1710 to 1745)

Posted: 28 May 2008 5:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cousin Renard Dufret
I'm attempting to confirm a bit of family folklore. The story goes that our illustrious ancestor Pierre was originally from Flanders, went to Canada, then left for the colony of Louisiana after a run-in with the law. The info I have for him is that he was born around 1710 in Flanders, married Marie Renard in New Orleans in April of 1740, and died in New Orleans in 1745. His parents were Antoine Cousin (b. 1684) and Marie Dufret (b. 1688).

I'd really like to be pointed toward some actual paperwork on this one to settle the accuracy of the family history. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: seeking info on Pierre Cousin (1710 to 1745)

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cousin
Do you have any relatives names in the 1800's? That is as far back as I have been able to go in my search. I live in Louisiana and my maiden name is Causin, some spell it Cousin, and I have seen it spelled many different ways on here as well. I have been able to trace it back into the 1800, I have heard a similar story but I don't have any names to associate them with. I am from Donaldsonville, Louisiana where most of the family lived in Ascension Parish. You can find records at the clerk of courts office but I do not think they have anything online to search from. There is also a large cemetery where most of my family is buried
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions