Search for content in message boards

Richard Mason Kirk of Knox Co., Indiana

Richard Mason Kirk of Knox Co., Indiana

Posted: 10 Feb 2007 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2007 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: KIRK, STEVENS
Does anyone have any information on the ancestry of Richard Mason Kirk of Knox County, Indiana? He was married to Lavina E. Stevens, and they had at least four children, Flora, Pearl, James, and my great grandmother, Rosa.
Richard was born in Indiana in 1845, and, I think, died on 04 October 1935 in Knox County, IN. Thanks for any help!

Re: Richard Mason Kirk of Knox Co., Indiana

Posted: 23 Feb 2007 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2007 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Kirk, Townsend
Mr gggrandfather was Richard Mason Kirk b. 25 June 1819 in Knox Cty In. One of his children, Enos Heath Kirk was my ggrandfather b. 06 Feb 1834 in Kirksville, Gibson, IN. His 2nd wife was Mary Jane Townsend. Their 1st child was my grandad, Perry One of his brothers was Richard M. Kirk b. 1869. I think he came to Calif. with Lewis and his sister (whom I remember). If I can help you more, or exchange info, my e-mail address is Kenkirk@charter.net

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2011 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Kirk, Crow, Mason
I believe your Richard Mason Kirk is the son of James Crow Kirk. See the 1850 Gibson co, IN census.

James Crow Kirk was the son of Richard Mason Kirk, 1794-1855. He was born in KY and lived mainly in Gibson Co.

James Crow Kirk was born to Richard and first wife Elizabeth Crow Kirk. She died in childbirth with a daughter, also Elizabeth. See my Find-a-Grave page

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=29...

Richard Mason Crow, 1794, was my gggg gf. I am related thru the daughter Elizabeth.

Richard Mason Crow was the son of Henry Kirk and wife Seally/Celia Mason.

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: KIRK
That's some great stuff, thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions