Search for content in message boards

John Morris, Lucy Walker

John Morris, Lucy Walker

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 7:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morris, Walker, Allen, Smith
Hi,

I am looking for information or descendants of this Family.

John Morris b. abt 1762 in King & Queen County, Va, his family moved to Louisa County when he was an Infant, his father died shortly after and his mother when he was 6 months old. John d. 27 Dec 1834 Louisa County, Va
John married Lucy Walker 23 Feb 1791 in Louisa, Va, she was b. abt 1766 in Va and d. bet 1840-1850 Va

They had the following 4 known children:

Elizabeth Morris b. abt 1792 in Va, she married William Allen 10 Sep 1814 Louisa, Va, he was b. abt 1787 in Va

William C. Morris b. 05 May 1794 in Louisa, Va d. 27 Nov 1867 Fluvanna, Va, he married Elizabeth W. Allen 28 Nov 1815 Fluvanna, Va, she was b. abt 1799 in Fluvanna, Va and d. 22 Sep 1885 in Fluvanna, Va

John Morris b. abt 1795 in Va, he married Sarah Smith 28 Aug 1838 in Va, she was born abt 1810 in Va

Richard R. Morris b. abt 1800 in Louisa, Va d. 06 Jan 1881 Louisa, Va, he married Maria Allen abt 1820 in Louisa, Va, she was b. abt 1800 in Louisa, Va and d. 01 Mar 1857 in Louisa, Va

If you have any information or are related to this Family I would love to hear from you

Thank You

Wendy

Re: John Morris, Lucy Walker

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Morris, Walker, Allen, Wallen
I have a John Morris who married a Lucy and had a son that I have as William O Morris (could easily be interpretation of the middle initial). William O was born in 1794 which fits pretty well with your dates. I also have William marrying an Elizabeth Wallen which sounds suspiciously like another reading interpretation. William and Elizabeth have children: John W, William Nelson, Richard G., Martha A., and Robert James Morris. It certainly looks like the same guy. The Morris, Walker, and Davis families are entwined in Fluvanna, Albemarle, Louisa Counties.

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Walker
Hi,

I do believe this is the same guy.

I am searching for any information on this Morris line, my Morris line is from Orange County, Virginia and my Morris line and the line of John Morris b. 1762 and Lucy Walker have matched through DNA Testing.
I know that John Morris b. 1762 is Related to my John Morris b. 1755 from Orange County, Va but we do not know how they are Related?

Do you have any additional information on the Morris or the Walker Family from Hanover/Louisa?

I am in touch with members of the Family of John Morris b. 1762 and I would be happy to put you in contact with them.

Thank You

Wendy

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Walker, Morris
I originally looked into the Morris family because of the marriage of John Warner Davis to Martha Jane Morris. I submitted a query and got a response from my uncle's ex-wife who remarried a genealogy researcher named Irving Morris who came at her from the opposite direction. Irving lives in Orange County currently. The Walker family has a reunion every summer up near Charlottesville. Lucy Mary Walker married Royal Valentine Davis, twin brother of my grandfather. Martha Jane Morris was the great granddaughter of John Morris and Lucy Walker through William O. Morris and William Nelson Morris. I have a significant amount of information about her including her application for John Warner Davis' Confederate Army pension. I am not sure about the John - John connection but if you have a specific question, I will look at what I have. This new FTM 2009 is great for merging and searching the web but in some ways is a real pain in the butt compared to the old one.

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Walker, Morris
I originally looked into the Morris family because of the marriage of John Warner Davis to Martha Jane Morris. I submitted a query and got a response from my uncle's ex-wife who remarried a genealogy researcher named Irving Morris who came at her from the opposite direction. Irving lives in Orange County currently. The Walker family has a reunion every summer up near Charlottesville. Lucy Mary Walker married Royal Valentine Davis, twin brother of my grandfather. Martha Jane Morris was the great granddaughter of John Morris and Lucy Walker through William O. Morris and William Nelson Morris. I have a significant amount of information about her including her application for John Warner Davis' Confederate Army pension. I am not sure about the John - John connection but if you have a specific question, I will look at what I have. This new FTM 2009 is great for merging and searching the web but in some ways is a real pain in the butt compared to the old one.

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Walker
Hi,

I do know Irving Morris, he has taken a DNA test for the Morris DNA project and his test and my cousins test match.

I have been working with Irving and others to try and find out how his John Morris b. 1762 and my John Morris b. 1755 are related? I am guessing that they are cousins, and if we can find the parents of either John we can figure out the whole line.

We know his John was in Hanover/Louisa and my John was in Orange but we are missing the next Generation. Who are the parents of these 2 John Morris's?

Maybe there is a Clue in the Walker Family that may give us the break we need to find John Morris's parents?

Wendy

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions