Search for content in message boards

Re: President of Liberia Coleman

Posted: 30 May 2002 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2002 12:07PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman
I am looking for any relatives that have ties to Mr. Coleman who was the president of Liberia at one Time. He was mulato and came to Liberia.. He is the uncle of my grandmother If you or anyone has any info please let me know. I want to contact my relatives here in the US. He was born in the 1800's i think he was from Kentucky.. please help. email me at Kamah215@aol.com

David coleman or william david Coleman

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 2:35AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2003 10:27PM GMT
Hello Kamah: I am also searching for a former president of Liberia. His name was James Cheesman, and he was President of Liberia during the 1892-1893 Columbian Eposition World Fair held in Chicago, Illinois. There was a Liberian Pavillion at the world fair in 1893 and picture cards of the Liberian First Lady was distributed. Somehow his date of birth and death appears elusive. I've made a note to watch for a former President named Coleman for you, and will post any findings here, and will let you know. If you happen on a former Liberian Head of State with the surname of Cheesman / Cheeseman, please let me know. Thanks, Dave

KAMAH (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2002 12:29AM GMT
FOR MR. CHEESMAN, DID YOU TRY GOING TO GOOGLE.COM AND PUTTING IN HIS NAME?

David Cheesman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 4:47AM GMT
Dear Kamah: Thank you for your suggestion. I'm sorry I had not gotten back to you sooner to thank you for your suggestion. I eventually found Joseph James Cheesman, the 11th President of Liberia. He born in 1843, Edina, Liberia, the probable son of James Cheesman, and grandson of Abraham Cheesman (1803- ) and Margaret Cheesman who immigrated to Liberia from Virginia. He died 12 NOV 1896, Monrovia, Liberia and was succeeded by Vice-President William David Coleman (1842-1908).

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 5:45PM GMT
hi there, in relations to the past president coleman of libera, my Grandmother is related to him, posibility we might be related. Her name is violet coleman. He suppose to be either her uncle or grandfather one or the two. what is your grandmother name? email me at cnoslen2003@yahoo.ca.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions