Search for content in message boards

WENTE

WENTE

Christy Pottschmidt (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WENTE, POHLMAN, NICHTER
I'm looking for information on the following surnames: Wente, Pohlman, and Nichter. I know that they are all from Germany, but that's all I know. Thanks!

Pohlman

Marlin Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pohlman
Am descendant of Frans Ludwig (Bruns)Pohlman 1800-1879 and resided in New Bremen, Ohio. Descendants moved to Barton County, Kansas and LeSuere, Minnesota. Would love to share Pohlman info.

POHLMANN

Posted: 31 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: POHLMANN, BESTMANN, HARTMANN
I have a few early generations in Schleswig-Holstein. Anna Elsabe POHLMANN b. abt 1776, d. 1846 in Götzberg. Parents were Johann Hinrich Pohlmann and Anna BESTMANN. Anna Pohlmann m. Johann Carsten HARTMANN in 1796 in Kaltenkirchen (Ost).

Pohlman -Germany

Posted: 21 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2001 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: Pohlman, Pohlmann
My great grandfather was John C.(Christian?) Pohlman, was born in Goesweinstein, Bairn, Germany, but his wife was born in Schleswig-Holstein, which leads me to believe that he probably lived there. He became a United States Citizen in 1884 in Elizabeth, NJ. He had a brother Fred, but I don't have any other information. Do you think they could be connected?

Re: Pohlman

Posted: 16 Nov 2002 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Pohlman, Steinecker, May, Meyer, Hirschfeld
Hello
I am interested in information on the family of Fredrick (Franz) Ludwig Bruns Pohlman. I have a Fredericka Christina Pohlman married H A Steinecker in New Knoxville Ohio in 1853. She was born about 1832. This Frederick Pohlman is the only family in the area at the time that could be her parents but I cannot prove a connection. I have found information on the younger Pohlman children of this family...two of whom...William and Margaret Dorothy married into my May family. I would love to share any info on these folks.

Thanks Teresa
Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Wente
My maiden name is Wente and would like to share information and see if we share any common ancestors. See below:
My father is Leroy Wente 1914 - 2008

Grandfather is Fred Wente Junior
Birth 7 Dec 1882 in Create, Illinois, US
Death 3 Aug 1976 in Pope, Minnesota

Great Grandfather is
Frederick J Wente
Birth 23 Oct 1848 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Death 9 May 1910 in Fairfield Township, Swift County, Minnesota, US

Great Great Grandfather is
Johann Friedrich Wente
Birth 30 Nov 1824 in Lauenau, Schaumburg, Niedersachsen, Germany
Death 8 Oct 1866 in Crete, Will, Illinois, US