Search for content in message boards

Fam. of Osmund Johannesson Valheim/Wallem- killed in fire 12.nov.1921

Fam. of Osmund Johannesson Valheim/Wallem- killed in fire 12.nov.1921

Posted: 4 Jan 2009 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Valheim, Wallem, Johannesson
Osmund Johannesson Valheim (Wallem), b. 04.06.1869 at the Rake farm, Aardal, Hjelmeland, Rogaland county, his wife Sisela Reiarsdtr. Wallem (nedre), b. 09.02.1872 at the Vadla farm, Aardal - and their 6 children: Mildred, 1907, Rudolph 1909, Isabella 1910, Johanna 1912, Orlin 1915 and Ruby 1917 - was all killed in a fire 12. nov. 1921. They supposed to have had a farm about 9 miles south of Volga, Brookings. They are burried at Lake Campbell Lutheran Cemetery.
Does anyone have any info about this family. Are there any books telling the farmers history from Brookings county? Perhaps the "story" are listed?
Anyone who has access to any local newspaper from nov. 1921?

I,m register norwegians from Hjelmeland, Rogaland county, Norway - that left for America.

Sincerely
Bjarne Jørmeland

please respond email: bjarne1953@gmail.com

Re: Fam. of Osmund Johannesson Valheim/Wallem- killed in fire 12.nov.1921

Posted: 4 Jan 2009 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Valheim, Wallem
Found family in 1920 US Population Census Living in Summit Township in Lake Co., SD.

Also found family listed in SD Death index where death occured on 12 Nov 1921. All children except youngest Ruby Wallem is listed as deceased. She was born 1917 in SD. Could not find her listed in 1930 Population Census.

Osmund and Sessila were married 27 Dec 1906 in Madison, Brookings Co., SD

Re: Fam. of Osmund Johannesson Valheim/Wallem- killed in fire 12.nov.1921

Posted: 6 Jan 2009 1:11AM GMT
Hi,

I have done research myself off/on in Brookings Co SD and I know there are newspapers available for researching. If you go to this webpage, there is info there about newspapers for the time period you are looking for:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sdbrooki/newspapers.htm

Also, Barbara Behrend is a wonderful person who will likely be able to assist you with your research. Go to this webpage for more info:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sdbags/research.html

Good luck!

Colleen Lill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions