Search for content in message boards

Kay & Chatterly families lived in Wellsville 1860s

Kay & Chatterly families lived in Wellsville 1860s

Shareene (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2004 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2004 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Kay, Chatterly
I am looking for information about the JOHN RUSTON KAY family. John was married to SARAH CHATTERLY. I also would like personal information about JOHN BOURNE CHATTERLY. John and Sarah lived in Wellsville in 1860 and John Bourne Chatterly died in Wellsville in 1862.. Any information would be helpful.. I am looking more for stores etc.. Thank you, Shareene Strem

Kay & Chatterly families arrive SLC Sept. 1851 John Brown Company

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: Chatterley, Chatterly, Kay, Sandiford, Wood
John Chatterly is my 5th great grandfather. He was born 7 Oct 1769 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England. He married Ann Nuttal in Bury, Lancashire, England on 1 Aug 1802. Ann was born in 1773 in Pilkington, Lancashire, England and she died 26 Sept 1846 in Pilkington. John departed from Liverpool, England aboard the George W. Bourne and arrived in New Orleans on 21 March 1851. His daughter Sarah Kay, son-in-law John Kay and his grandchildren Sarah, Joseph and Margret Kay crossed with him. He traveled with his son Joseph Chatterley, daughters Helen Sandiford and Sarah Kay and their families across the plains. Helen's husband (Richard Sandiford) died in St. Louis, Missouri 7 Jan 1850. The Chatterly families were in the John Brown Company of the LDS Pioneers. They arrived in SLC, UT in Sept 1851.

John and Sarah Kay are buried in Taylor, Apache, AZ. The widowed Helen (Ellen) Sandiford married John Peacock Wood and they are buried in Willard, Box Elder, Utah.

John Chatterly died 22 October 1862 in Wellsville, Cache, Utah at the age of 93 years, 15 days.

I would love to correspond with anyone working on the genealogy of these families. I too would love to hear stories of the 81 year old John Chatterley coming with the Saints to the Americas.

Glen Perazzo glenbeth@phonewave.net

Re: Kay & Chatterly families arrive SLC Sept. 1851 John Brown Company

Posted: 17 May 2010 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: Chatterley
Hi Glen,

I was interested that you report your ancestor's birth as having taken plcae in Birmingham. I am looking for any information about Elizabeth Chaterley, born Birmingham, 19 Aug 1804 and wonder whether they might be related.

Regards,

Marilyn

Re: Kay & Chatterly families lived in Wellsville 1860s

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 6:40AM GMT
There is a book called Windows on Wellsville, you may be able to find a digital copy online. Has some details about early Wellsville. Also The Utah State University Digital Collection has a number of diaries from the Cache Valley online. As you are reasearching, look for familiar names. I found out about my gr-gr-gr grandfather's travels in India from George Barber's Diary. Good Luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions