Search for content in message boards

FELKER Bible Rescued

FELKER Bible Rescued

Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Felker, Moore, Little
Family Bible, Baby Book, Cards, Newspaper clippings and Autograph Books resecued from auction in Kansas City. Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Illinois during the 1800 - 1900 period.

William Moore,Ada Felker Moore, Wahneta Moore, Orvl Felker,William S. Little, Letha B. Little, Nancy Little, Walton Felker,Maggie Leach, Ewart.

Re: FELKER Bible Rescued

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Felker
I'm interested in more info. on Walton Felker. My Felker family is from Walton Co., GA.

Posted: 26 Jun 2011 11:51PM GMT
My nephew has a bible he bought at an antiques store several years ago, and I really looked at it for the first time this weekend. It seems to have been owned by one branch of the Felker family in Walton County, and goes back to the early 1800's. Here's a listing of some of the names, starting from the earliest listed: John, Martha, Sarah Jane, W.A., Lucinda B., Mary Ellen, John P. Charles Walton (b. 1858), James Monroe, Frances Colby, Robt. Stephen, Martha Louise, and William Park.
Are these from a your branch of the Felkers? If not, can you point me in their direction? I'd love to find the original family. Thanks.

Darrell Dobresk

Posted: 27 Jun 2011 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: FELKER
If you go to the Ancestry Member Connect for any of the names you have you will see a number of researchers who are researching these names.
Here are a few examples
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/18399229/person/654703343?ssr...=
and
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/21903075/person/1552791597?ss...=

They can be contacted through the Ancestry Contact link.

Posted: 27 Jun 2011 4:23PM GMT
Yes, that is my family. I have written extensively about that branch of the family even though it is not my direct line. John Felker b.1818 TN & lived in Monroe, GA was my G-g-grandfather's nephew. I would be very interested in obtaining the Bible, or at least a photocopy of the relevant pages. Thanks for saving this Bible! Let me know of the cost.

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 4:24AM GMT
I have just recently begun my search on Ancestry.com.
My mother's father was Jesse H. Felker, born 1880. I know that he left Ringgold, GA, and headed to California, where he met and married my grandmother, but I do not know if he was BORN in Ringgold.
I have not yet been able to track his parents' names.
Does Jesse show up in any of your records?
Thanks,
Maggie Truelove

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 8:25PM GMT
He was born in Ringold, Catoosa Co., Georgia on 22 Aug 1883. He was the son of Georgia A. Felker & Elizabeth Catherine Collins. I have a good bit of information. I can give your more info.

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 8:41PM GMT
Thank you for such a quick reply!
I got a different date and year for his birth from other records, January 23, 1880, But the location is correct.
Did you mean George, instead of Georgia? I am guessing so.
Yes, please share any other info you might have! I am thrilled! Did he have siblings?

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 10:48PM GMT
Hi. I have a GrGr grandfather name Jesse Felker (b.VT) and acquired a lot of information that doesn't belong to him. Maybe this is your Jesse:
from California Death Index: Jesse H. FELKER, sp:M, age:49y, co:70(Los Angeles), dod:5/23/33, state file#27827.
from 1930 CA census: Jesse H. Felker, in Soledad, Los Angeles Co, CA, line 53, taken Apr.10th, head of household, rents, 69yr, Div, b.GA, fa.b.GA, mo.b.NY, Farmer, farm#12, Veteran/Spanish War.
Hope this info is of some help.

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 1:27AM GMT
Thank you so much! Yes, this is my Grandfather Jesse. I knew the year he died, and now, thanks to you, I know the month and date.
Maggie Truelove
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions