maxwell's of Westmeath ireland

maxwell's of Westmeath ireland

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 4:46AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 3:14AM GMT
researching the Maxwell's of Co Westmeath ireland

Maxwells of County Westmeath, Ireland

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2005 11:08PM GMT
I have a Peter Maxwell, born around 1800. He served in the English army, and was married to Anne Scott. They had a daughter named Ann, a native of Carrick-on-Shannon, County Leitrim. In old handwritten notes there is a mysterious reference to a chapel in Kiltareher, which I believe is in County Westmeath. Any connection?

Westmeath

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 6:42PM GMT
I am not back to 1800 as yet with my Maxwell people so I cant connect you man to my family Irish records are so difficult sorry about that but thanks anyway

Maxwell family history

Sean (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 2:37PM GMT
Hey Shawn,
My name is Sean Maxwell do you have any information about an Ira Maxwell? He was born in the early 1900's probably around 1930's. If you know anything about him I would like to hear from you.

Maxwell's

Posted: 6 Apr 2000 4:16PM GMT
I cant think of an Ira Maxwell but where was he from or lived at maybe that will ring a bell Shawn
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2001 10:11PM GMT
My gt grandfather was Oliver Maxwell from Moneymore,northern Ireland born in the 1800s and had a sister Sarah

Re: maxwell's of Westmeath ireland

Con Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2005 10:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: maxwell
Dear Sir,
I am from Multyfarnham , Co Westmeath .I can trace my family back to the 1750s at the same site. Which Westmeath Maxwells are you tracing?
Con Maxwell.

Re: Maxwells of County Westmeath, Ireland

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2013 5:33PM GMT
My name Roy Joseph Maxwell and i am descended from the Maxwell Family Lines of Fore, Faughalstown, Martinstown & Ben of Fore in the Parish of Collinstown. Co. Westmeath. 1st Records begin with: Burial Records. Rose Maxwell - Place of Death: Fore. Burial Date:12th October 1796. Cormack Maxwell - Place of Death: Fore. Burial date: 18th April 1797. Edward Maxwell - place of Death: Fore. Burial Date:12th December 1844.
Marriage: Edward Maxwell & Mary Fitzsimons 27th January 1839
Witnesses: Francis Dermody & Mary Maxwell.
Baptisms: of Children of the Union of: Edward Maxwell & Mary Fitzsimons - Maxwell as follows:
William Maxwell - 17th November 1840 - Sponsors: James Dermody & Rose Fitzsimons.
Margaret Maxwell - 18th January 1846 - Sponsors: Patrick Fitzsiomons & Catherine Maxwell.

Bapstisms: of Children the Union of : Bartholomew Maxwell & Rose Gibney.
Patrick Maxwell - 29th July 1883 - Sponsors: James Walsh & Mary McCormick.
Edward Maxwell - 11th July 1875 - Sponsors: Mary Fitzsimons & Laurence Walsh.
Mary Maxwell - 9th March 1877 - Sponsors: James Lynch & Anne McCormick.
William Maxwell - 2nd March 1879 - Sponsors: Joseph McDonnell & Mary Hannon.
Joseph Maxwell, My Grandfather - 3rd June 1881 - Sponsors: Thomas Walsh & Mary Walsh.
Anne or Anna Maxwell - 8th March 1886 - Sponsors: Edward Maxwell & Margaret Smyth,
Rose Maxwell - 13th May 1889 - Sponsors: William Maxwell & Elizabeth Nolan.
Bartholomew Maxwell - 24th October 1891 - Sponsors: Joseph Maxwell & Rose Boylan.
Bridget Maxwell - 13th May 1894 - Sponsors: Catherine Smith & 2nd Sponsor - not recorded.
James Maxwell - 21st February 1897 - Sponsors: John Devin & Elizabeth Lynch.
Patrick - Emigrated to U.S.A. & was never heard of again.
Edward - Never Married & Died during the 1940's at: Ben of Fore.
Mary - Married George William Watts & she Died in 1952 in Castlepollard.
William - Married Margaret Kane. He died in 1963 in Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin.
Joseph - Married Beatrice Briody. He Died Otober 1949 at: Annagh, Oldcastle.
Rose - Married Edward D'Arcy of Roebuck, Mount Nugent, Cavan. She Died Nov. 1974
Bartle - Never Married - He Died in February 1978 in Foxrock, Dublin.
Bridget - Married James Smith of Corwina, Mount Nugent. She Died in January 1978.
James - Never Married & lived out his life in the Ben of Fore. He Died in March 1981.
Rose Maxwell - Died at Martinstown - Burial 16th May 1939. Regards: Roy jos. Maxwell

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 7:59PM GMT
my grandfather was a Eugene (owen) Maxwell born 30 Jan 1876 in Empor Westmeath the place name Daniel keeps popping up. He married Mary Hafford (Noonan) His father was a William Maxwell born 1842 he married Mary Ann McGavor. The homestead is still there a Thomas Maxwell lives there now. Eugene had an old uncle John Maxwell today a William Maxwell lives there.
Then Williams born 1842 his father a Patrick Maxwell married a Margaret Audlum or Oudlum. My email address is sman5@aol.com
I would like to hear from you furthur Shawn

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 10:33PM GMT
Shawn, Thank you for your response. Perhaps there are connections as i recall my father mention the area of Empor.
You can Google my profile at the Heritage site namely: Roy Joseph Maxwell at my heritage.com
Regards. Roy J.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic