Search for content in message boards

Fortune and Osborne

Fortune and Osborne

Posted: 27 Aug 2008 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
In my continuing efforts to help a man in Sweden find some relatives, I am now looking for ancestors of the Pace family.

Ella Pace married James Fortune and they had at least two children, Creel, born 1901, and Claude, born in 1905. Creel is shown as having still lived in Knoxville at the time of his death in 1988, and Claude was married to Mayme, with a daughter Betty, and he died in Dallas in 1975. IF anybody can help with their families it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Fortune and Osborne

Posted: 23 Oct 2008 7:23PM GMT
Querant wrote, "Ella Pace married James Fortune and they had at least two children, Creel, born 1901, and Claude, born in 1905. Creel is shown as having still lived in Knoxville at the time of his death in 1988, and Claude was married to Mayme, with a daughter Betty, and he died in Dallas in 1975. IF anybody can help with their families it would be greatly appreciated."

Your post doesn't indicate what kind of help you want. Do you want to trace back from Creel through Ella to the PACE ancestors? Or do you want to trace Creel's and Claude's children forward to living relatives?

Re: Fortune and Osborne

Posted: 23 Oct 2008 8:25PM GMT
Below is his original post. I would imagine he would like any information on ANY of the Pace family - he mainly would like to be able to connect with some living family members:

I have relations who emigrated to USA 1845 and settled in Iowa. The couple was
Pehr and Ingar Dahlberg and they had nine children. One of them was Amanda M
Dahlberg, born October 26 1847 in Jefferson Co, and married to James W Pace,
born 1842 in van Buren Coo.

Amanda and James had 3 daughters and 1 son, Carrie B Pace b. 1868, Birdie M
Pace b. 1870, Ella E Pace b. 1872 and Charles U Pace b. 1878, all in van Buren Co>Co.

They were reg. in Knoxville, Marion Co, after 1880 C., and are buried in
Graceland Cemetery, Knoxville, Marion Co.

I would be grateful if you could find any living relatives to the
above-mentioned, and perhaps some stories of the families

Bird PACE Osborn; Charles N. PACE

Posted: 1 Nov 2008 3:32AM GMT
1925 IA State Census
Bird P Osborn
Female
White
Henry County IA
born abt 1871
Wife
father James W Pace
mother Amanda Dahlberg
husband Thomas Osborn

I've located a Knoxville newspaper (KNOXVILLE JOURNAL'S DIAMOND JUBILEE EDITION [Sep 25 1930]) discussing the history of the Knoxville area and mentioning Rev. Charles N. PACE; he moved to St. Paul, MN, then Duluth. It also mentions, "The following items are found in the marriage records of J.W. Hackley--Aug. 27, 1890, Rev. Thomas OSBORN to Birdie May PACE. ..."

If you would like this newspaper page, contact me by email and please reference 1930 PACE:

maryfobian@comcast.net

In 1900, Thomas OSBORN and Birdie are enumerated with daughter Helen M. (born May 1898). (Source: 1900 US Census > Iowa > Henry > Winfield > District 3)

In 1910, Thomas and Birdie are still enumerated only with daughter Helen M.; however, the census indicates that Birdie has borne 2 children, only 1 of whom is living. (Source: 1910 United States Federal Census > Iowa > Muscatine > Muscatine Ward 2 > District 110)

Acc'd'g to the 1925 IA State census data, Birdie and Thomas had another daughter, Virginia, c1911.

A 1924 newspaper item indicates that Rev. Charles Pace conducted the marriage ceremony of his sister Ella and her new husband, Ray Maxwell, in Chicago (Source: Davenport Democrat And Leader, The | Davenport, Iowa | Thursday, April 24, 1924 | Page 10). Acc'd'g to the 1930 census, it appears that Ella had a 19-year-old stepson, Ralph MAXWELL. (Source: 1930 United States Federal Census > Iowa > Jefferson > Fairfield > District 8) Ray/Roy operated the WITTE store in Williamsburg.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic