Search for content in message boards

Boone - Somerset County, PA

Boone - Somerset County, PA

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: KECK, KAAKE, CECK, BOONE
Andrew KECK (CECK< KAAKE) married Sarah B-n-- in Bedford County (now Somerset County), PA in 1791. The surname of the bride has been variously read as BOONE, BENE, BENO. Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

I have found no BOONE families in the area although residents assure me they were there and that somehow they were related to Daniel BOONE.
I have great misgivings regarding this information.

PJM

Kaake-Boone

Noreen (Kaake) Ueberer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KECK, KAAKE, CECK, BOONE, CAKE, KAKE
Patricia:
I am from the line of Kaake's that are descended from Andrew Kaake and Sarah Boone.
We have been unsuccessful in any attempts to locate the Boone family, probably due to the infamous Daniel and everybody wanting to be related to someone famous.
However, I think, if we can share information, we might be able to get some place, at long last.
For one thing, I did not realize that Somerset County was not always called thus and have therefore been looking in the wrong place. We had them married about 1792 but we had no idea where.
Andrew and Sarah moved to Canada sometime around the turn of the 19th century but now I can't be sure even what year. As I show most of their children being born in the United States, I seriously doubt if they came in 1796, which is what we first believed.
I also think I have two families mixed up. Any light you can shed on this would be very much appreciated.
Hoping to hear from you and glad to share any information.
Noreen (Kaake) Ueberer
rainbows.end.farm@sympatico.ca

geneology

knh (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: keck, boone
there are plenty of kecks and boones in north carolina; many people from penn state came into north carolina in the early to mid 18th century; some later moved on to ohio; others to alabama, etc. boones and kecks in alamance, chatham and orange counties of NC. maybe others. good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions