Search for content in message boards

Webb -Loretta Lynn and Patty Loveless connection

Webb -Loretta Lynn and Patty Loveless connection

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 2:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:05AM GMT
Would like some info on the connection between these two country music stars?Heard they were cousins.Would like to know what line Patty descends from and is this her real name?Loretta is connected to my line of Webb's.Any info sure would be appreciated!

Re: Webb -- Loretta Lynn and Patty Loveless connection

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 8:38AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:05AM GMT
Hi Diana. I have found that Patty Loveless' real name is Patricia Lee Ramey, born 1/4/1957 in Pikeville, KY. Haven't found her parent's names yet. She and Loretta are cousins, but have not found the link yet. Please post if you find anything. Thanks. -Cyndi

Re: Loreta Webb Lynn

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 3:21PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:31AM GMT
One more thing, Loretta Lynn's mothers name was Clara Ramey (maiden name)

Ramey-Webb connection

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 8:03AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:32AM GMT
Hi Cindy,How are you!Thank you for the input.It looks like Patty comes from Loretta's mother's side.I looked to see if I had any reference to the Ramey's line and all I have is Clara married to Melvin Webb.I have nothing on Clara's siblings.If I come across anything else I will let you know.Thanks again, Happy Holidays

Re: Webb -- Loretta Lynn and Patty Loveless connection

Juanita Pigg hahn (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2001 8:24PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:07AM GMT
Patty's name is Patricia Lee Ramey. Her parents are David and Ruth Ramey (don't know Ruth's maiden name.) She has a brother named Roger. This information is on the "Kentucky Konnections" website. Loretta is in my family tree, but by marriage. I assume I have a link to Patty as well, but I'm still looking for where it is.

Loretta Webb Lynn

Posted: 10 Feb 2001 12:30AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:08AM GMT
Hello Juanita,Just seen your message and I myself asked Cyndi abt.Patty.She descends from Loretta's mother side.If you are related to Loretta through marriage then you are related to me.If you tell me your dad's name and his father's,I can let you know.I'm in contact with a researcher who has authored a book with alot on her direct line.Loretta is my 5th cousin,distant,but true!I also have another book on the Webb's with the some info.on this.Both books are based on the history of Webb's in Ky.Hope to hear from you soon!

Loretta Webb

Juanita Pigg Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2001 3:21PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:08AM GMT
Hi, the tie is actually through my mom's side. My parents are: Virgil Ray Pigg, Jr. and Dimple Louise Hayes.
I have over 10,000 names in my family file, since I research more than just my direct line. The tie appears to be
through the Hayes family marriages to the Van Hoose family. Several of the Van Hoose's are
blood-relatives to Loretta Webb, and I'm blood related to the Hayes' they married.
(I find the "famous relative" thing more of a curiosity...I'm also 3rd cousin to Billy Ray Cyrus and 5th
cousin to Ricky Skaggs.) Let me know if you find anything. I'd also be interested in the
name and publisher of the Webb book you have. Thanks! Juanita

Loretta Webb

Posted: 11 Feb 2001 11:40PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:09AM GMT
Hello again Juanita,Looks like we are kin!What are your grandparents name on your mother's side?I have data on 2 Van Hoose families.Both are linked to Loretta.The publisher of one of the books I have is Kayleene Bowling Lowe,the book:UNTANGLING THE WEBBS OF JOHNSON AND FLOYD COUNTY KENTUCKY.I descend from William Webb 1785 through his son Jonathan 1808.How are you related to Billy Ray and Ricky?Can't wait to hear from you again!

Ramey-Webb connection

Carolyn High (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 10:56AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:34AM GMT
In response to those looking for the Ramey line of Loretta Lynn's mother, Clara Ramey Webb. Clara's grandfather and my great great grandfather were brothers. I have info on Clara's siblings, her parents and back through the Ramey line. Will be happy to share. highcarolyn@hotmail.com

Re: Loretta Webb

Posted: 1 Jan 2002 1:40AM GMT
Hello Diana,
Where can I get a copy of UNTANGLING THE WEBBS
OF JOHNSON AND FLOYD CONUTY KENTUCKY BOOKS.
I am a Webb also and am through the Samuel Webb Line.
I am also kin to Loretta Lynn from what I have always been
told. Sherry Webb Williams
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions