Search for content in message boards

Howell COBB b 1790, cousin of Georgia Statesman

Howell COBB b 1790, cousin of Georgia Statesman

Posted: 15 Nov 2004 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 2:35AM GMT
Would like information on Howell COBB, b abt 1790 GA, d aft 1850,Hopkins Co.,KY. m Leah Williams, b 1790 VA, d aft 1850, Hopkins Co., KY.

Possible father of Howell is John COBB, b 1750-1760 VA.

The family history in A History of Texas states that the grandfather of William H. COFFMAN, Howell COBB, was a cousin of the Georgia Statesman with the same name.

Can anyone help me get on track in finding Howell COBB?

I do have some descendant information on Howell COBB's grandchildren. I am from the line of the youngest grandchild, Medora J. COFFMAN.

Thanks,
Pam

Re: Howell COBB b 1790, cousin of Georgia Statesman

Jimmie Cobb (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2004 11:35PM GMT
Pam,
If you "google" Howell Cobb, there is much information on the net about that branch of the Cobb family. I did that several years ago in an attempt to locate information on my Howell from Wilkinson Country, Ms. The earliest mention of a Howell was Howell Lewis Cobb the son of John Addison Cobb and Mildred Lewis (the daughter of Howell Lewis). Howell Lewis was born on 8/3/1772 and died in 1818, according to my research. I believe he married a Martha Jaqueline Rootes on 5/8/1810. His brother, John Addison Jr., married Sarah Robinson Rootes on 5/11/1812. The oldest son of John Addison, Jr. and Sarah was named Howell and later became the governor of Georgia. "Howell" became a favorite name in the Cobb family thereafter. I found nothing connecting to your Howell.

Re: Howell COBB b 1790, cousin of Georgia Statesman

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 3:18AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 2:35AM GMT
Jimmie,
Thanks for the info. I know he is connected, i just need to figure out how... I was able to find a nice outline online. Maybe he is a 2nd cousin instead of first. I have not done much on this line yet, but am ready to fill in my gaps.

Thanks again, and if you run across my Howell Cobb, m to Leah Williams, b 1790 VA, let me know.

Pam

per page

Find a board about a specific topic