Search for content in message boards

ANDERSON/JESS/HAZLE of MAYBOLE

ANDERSON/JESS/HAZLE of MAYBOLE

Jim Williamson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ANDERSON, JESS, HAZLE, HAZEL
Information on the Anderson and Jess families of Maybole and the Hazle/Hazel family of Craigfin Farm would be much appreciated.

Jess Family

Bob Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
My Grandmother was Agnes Jess born 27 August 1874 in Girvan, Ayrshire.

Agnes was one of a family of 8, most born in either Girvan or Troon. From my own research, most of the offspring emigrated to Australia (mainly Brisbane, Queensland) but my records are incomplete at this stage.

Agnes married John Hunter on 31 January 1899 in Troon. My father, William Andrew Hunter was born on 10 October 1909 in Belfast and died in Brisbane in 1996.

I reside in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and have 2 brothers.

I'm not sure if this is the line being researched, but I would be very happy to provide additional information.

Regards,

Bob Hunter

Re: JESS of Northern Ireland and Scotland

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 5:05AM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: JESS
I am researching the name JESS...for Northern Ireland and Scotland. I understand they are elsewhere in the U.K.

I would appreciate any information of this surname, as at least one member of the family came to Rhode Island ca. 1740 from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Thank you.

Allen Jess

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 2:28PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2005 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Jess
Did you ever get an answer to how they decided to come and from where? Thx.

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 4:26PM GMT
I have not received any follow-up.
But, I still am searching and researching the family name in the British Isles.

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Jess Families of the British Isles
lucky1...Thank you for your reply.

I'm looking for the origins of the Jess family in the British Isles...Northern Ireland in particular. Currently, there are Jess families in the Belfast area: Annahill, Bailysmill, Ballykee, Ballynahinch, Carryduff, Comber, Dromara, Dromore, Hillsborough, Killyleagh, etc.

When did the first Jess families come to Northern Ireland? Where did they settle?

When did the first Jess families come to the British Isles?

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 7:28PM GMT
Hi, I am a member of the Jess family from Ballykeel, Co. Down, N. Ireland. I have just started researching my family tree. If I can be of any help in the more recent history of the Jess family I would be happy to help.

Alison Irwin (maiden name Jess)

Re: ANDERSON/JESS/HAZLE of MAYBOLE

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: HAZLE/Gaudie
Hi,
I have Hazle ancestors with a tenuous connection to Craigfin.
Robert Hazle, born 11.01.1737, married to Christen Gaudie 26.04.1759. She is recorded at having died at Craigfin 24.03.1821 "aged". Presumably she was visiting relatives of her in-laws, as both Robert & Christen were born and lived in Kirkoswald. Robert had the following brothers and sisters all from Kirkoswald; Annabel bap. 21.01.1733; Jannet bap 23.11.1729; Jean (or Joan) bap 31.08.1735; Alexander bap 05.09.1734. I have my Hazle's traced back to William Hazle born 1667. Through contacts on Genes Reunited, I have quite a bit of information that I haven't yet finished trawling through, with overlapping branches of the family. Helen Hazle was particularly helpful with this. If you are not already in contact with her, she may be able to help you further.
Regards,
Jeni.

Posted: 28 Jul 2011 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Jess
Hi Allen

I am Claire White and the Grandaugter of Sarah Jane White ne Jess whom hailed from Killyleagh in N.I.

Get in contact!

Best wishes

Claire

Re: ANDERSON/JESS/HAZLE of MAYBOLE

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: hazel jess
My mother is Mary Brown lindsay Rodgers (100 years )Grandmother Margaret Hazel Jess Born26 8 1892 Craigfin Maybole My Great grandfather David Jess And Great grandmother Mary Mason Jess Nee Brown Married Maybole 1886 Have more information if needed . Regards Matt Rodgers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions