Search for content in message boards

Burns in Illinois

Burns in Illinois

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 2:35PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2003 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Burns - Sivis, Jackson, Bishop
I am also trying to find info on Burns in Illinois - my husband's family. I have his grandfather - Ralph Warden Burns whose father was Samuel Moody Burns - whos father was James H. Burns - I have their dates of births and deaths and marriages - but not much else - any connections?

Re: Burns in Illinois

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2002 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: Dillon - Killman -
Hi Jean, Well it looks like we are both up against a brick wall as I really don't have anythng
such as dates, names and places except that JOHN BRUNS married ALICE DILLON b. in Mo., she reported to have died in 1897 after a large bird had attacked her, burnied in Thebes, Ill. (the sad thing is I can't prove this, except from her son Charles Jackson Burns b 1885 KY., he said that after the death of his mother, his father married a german lady name unknown and then he took his family to Barnes Co., ND. sometime in the early 1900-1904. His father John Burns was reported to have died there in abt 1814-20 (again no proof ever found) I know that there was a William Burns and his family in the 1900 census for Illinois living in southern Illinois and I think that he removed to Danville, Ill. area. (another thing This is where my Charles Jackson Burns was married in 1918 and after marriage he and his wife went back to Sullivan Co., Ind. to live. Quere why did he take her to Danville to marry, could William have been a brother??? Sorry I don't think that I have been of much help. Nelson Eddy

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Traiteur, Burns, Grywatch
I am also researching BURNS. I have found my Gr Gr Grandfather: James Henry BURNS b:22 Dec 1866 d: 15 Aug 1926. I'm not sure that he had a son named Samuel but I do know he had a John, Jesse, Edward, Ernest, William and Hattie. Hope this helps.

Michelle

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 10:27PM GMT
Thanks - but dates and names don't match - our James was born in 1844 - but he also had a son - Samuel -

Nancy Burns McLarry (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Burns/ Wordan
Can you tell me more on the Burns from Ill William was my great greandfather he married Julia Wordan in Il

Nancy McLarry (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2001 11:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandfather was William Burns married to Julia Sarah Warden March 9,1864 in laSalle Counry,Il PLEASE does this sound like there should be a connection somewhere we know no more about William or Julia other than they did move to Missouri around 1873 and that his father was from Scotland and her parents were from Pen.
Thank you, Nancy

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2003 8:48PM GMT
I don't know the father of our James Burns - rumor has it that he came from Texas. Do you have any children listed?

Nancy McLarry (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2001 11:58PM GMT
He had Four children John A. Dec, 1865 Elias D.(my grandfather) May 1869 Mary E. July 1870 and Ervin Ed August 1873 ALL the children were born in LaSalle ,Il except for Ervin he was born in Missouri.

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Burns,Warden
Your message is interesting.I do not recognize the people you write about,but there is something about the names that caught my eye.
My ggrandparents were William BURNS and Julia WARDEN,who married in LaSalle County ILLINOIS in 1864.

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: Burns, Rushing, Priester
my ggrandfather was Henry James Burns b1865. Ihave no idea when he died. He married Mary Elizabeth Rushing in 1887. They had eight boys James Sylvester b1889, Charles William (my grandfather) b1891, Robert Henry b1892, Joesph Albert b1893, Clarence May b1896 Oscar Dewey b1897 Elsworth Ralph ? and Herman Alfonza b? I got this information from the randolph county census's. My name is Robert Burnes. If any of this helps my e-mail is papaburnes@aol.com. Hope to here form somebody. Robert Burnes
per page

Find a board about a specific topic