Search for content in message boards

CAIRNS & WILBAND of Fredericton

Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2010 10:43AM GMT
Try the NB Archives at the address below where you can search by last name of child.
http://www.gov.nb.ca/supply/archives/english/climbing.htm
Their on-line database may help

Annette Gordon (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2010 10:42AM GMT
Surnames: CAIRNS, WILBAND
My grandmother, Grace Sinnes has asked me to try to look up her family history. She doesn't have much information except that both her parents were born in Fredericton, NB.
Any info would be of great help

Jacqui Lindsay (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilband
I am trying to trace as many connections to the Wilband family as possible,particularly the link between the UK branch of the family and the US/Canadian branch. The earliest Wilbands found so far are around the Leicestershire/Rutland area of England in 18th centuary. I have found Lydia Wilband and her family born in the 1820's in NBrunswick and I would love to know how they got there and the link to my family.
Jacqui Lindsay(nee Wilband)

Robert wilband (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
wilband family in herefordshire, england.

Re: CAIRNS & WILBAND of Fredericton (Mary Matlida Wilband Miliburn)

Posted: 2 Feb 2004 3:55AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2010 10:44AM GMT
Surnames: Wilband, Millburn
Jacqui, My husband is a descendant of Mary Matilda Wilband and John Millburn of Curryville, Albert New Brunswick. This name appears to be very uncommon and isolated to New Brunswick and Maine, with a branch in British Columbia. There is some indication that Mary Matilda may be the daughter of Thomas Wilband ( we also have siblings, Thomas, Stephen, Valentine & Clarissa) Can you identify which Wilband line you descend from? --Cathy Millburn

Re: CAIRNS & WILBAND of Fredericton (Thomas Wilband)

jacqui lindsay (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 9:23AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2010 10:44AM GMT
Hi Cathryn
I am one of the British Wilbands. I have been trying to find the link to Thomas Wilband (Love) for some time but no luck so far. I can trace back to my GGG William Wilband who was born in 1752 . The Wilbands originated from the English Midlands around the Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire area. There are stil a few 'clusters' of us over here.
I have recently been in touch with Beverley Patterson and Pat Wilband both descendents of Thomas. Do you have contact with them? If not I am sure they would love to hear from you and if you wsh I can send you their e-mail addresses.
Jacqui

Re: CAIRNS & WILBAND of Fredericton (Thomas Wilband)

Cathy Millburn (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2004 11:30PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2010 10:45AM GMT
Jacqui, I would very much like to have the e-mail addresses for Pat Wilband and Beverly Patterson. I am working feverishly to further identify Thomas Wilband who I believe was married to Lydia, the parents of the New Brunswick Wilbands. I am trying to connect Lydia to the Babcock family of New Brunswick. I hope I am barking up the right tree. I have gathered the names of many Canadian Wilbands if you would like to have a GED-COM file. Cathy Millburn

Re: CAIRNS & WILBAND of Fredericton (Robert L. Wilband)

Posted: 3 Sep 2004 2:24AM GMT
My name is Robyn Scott, and my maternal grandfathers name was Robert L. Wilband. His father was Charles A. Wilband of, Vancouver, British Columbia. His mother was Margaret Jan Bailey of Red Fern River Area(??) Qubec.

I am just getting started at this geneology stuff and would greatly apprecate any help you can provide me. I am trying to set up a family tree of the Wilbands for my mother. So far all I can find is a record of Charles' death.

According to my mother the "family" history has it that the first Wilband in her family was the son of an English Docotor who was impressed into the navy. He jumped ship someplace along the eastern coast of Canada and change his name to Wilband.

Posted: 3 Sep 2004 2:29AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2010 10:46AM GMT
My maternal grandfather was Robert L. Wilband. According to my mother the family history has it that the first Wilband in her family orginally came from England and his surname was Love. It seems Mr. Love was the son of a Docotor who got impressed into the British Navy and jump ship somewhere along the easter seaboard of Canda.

I noticed that you had the name listed as Wilband(Love). Can you confirm the the "family" history?

Cathy Millburn (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2004 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: Wilband, Millburn
Robyn, I have Charles Anthony Wilband b. 1874 in Shepody, Albert New Brunswick d. 22 Oct 1946 in Vancouver, British Columbia, the son of Valentine Wilband b. 1825 in Harvey, Albert, New Brunswick and Nancy Jane Berryman of Harvey, Albert New Brunswick. My husband is a descendant of Valentine's sister Mary Matilda Wilband who married John Millburn. We have identified whom we believe to be the immigrant ancester and father of both to be Thomas Wilband b. abt 1782 England and Lydia of Cornwallis, Kings County Nova Scotia. Lydia survives the 1850 census for Albert County, New Brunswick. Their children were: Mary Matilda (John Millburn); Thomas L. Wilband (Jane Edgett); Stephen Wilband (Mary Edgett); Valentine (Nancy Jane Berryman); and Clarissa (Charles Jamison). It appears that the Wilband name comes almost exclusively from Leicester and Rutland County, the smallest county in England and refers to a well or watering hole. I hope he didn't change his name. We have contact with Wilbands in England who are anxious to connect the two branches of the family. It is a rare surname. You can contact me at cathymillburn@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions