Search for content in message boards

Thelma Marcella Morton

Thelma Marcella Morton

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2006 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Nichols
I am interested in Thelma Marcella Morton who married a Raymond Nichols b. 1888 in U.S.. We are looking for a Raymond Nichols, son of David Samuel Nichols b. 1859 and Nellie Hall. They lived in Ontario, Manitoba, poss. Washington, and then British Columbia. David died in 1939 and Nellis preceeded him in death. It appears he may be too old for her. Any information would be welcome like where they lived.

Thanks,
Diane

Re: Thelma Marcella Morton

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 12:53PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2004 7:05AM GMT
Surnames: Shepard
Thelma Marcella Morton was my great aunt but she was not born in the 1800's. She was born later than that. Her older brother Jesse Morton was born in 1903 in Missouri.
Thelma married Raymond Nichols.
The spelling of Thelma's mother was LouVena Shepard. When she and her husband separated it is known that my grandmother who married Jesse Morton corresponded with at least one daughter that she had later in California. The confusion may be that my Grandmother Lavina Nichols Morton. Lavina Nichols Morton was Raymond Nichols sister.
Did we correspond at one time Diane? I probably have more information but haven't been able to contact any living decendants of LouVena Shepard Morton other than the three that moved to Canada.
Dianne Wood-Neufeld-Hagen

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2006 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: NICHOLS, HALL, PAGE
We haven't corresponded earlier as I just learned of Raymond NICHOLS this summer. My information shows he was born in the US (prob. Washington) in 1888. In 1901 and 1906 he is with family in Manitoba. He served in WWI and it says he was married prob. in Toronto, Ontario where the family lived. I believe most of the family after WWI, went to British Columbia. I found Eva Pearl NICHOLS PAGE the younger sister living on Pender Island, BC. The father David S. NICHOLS is buried on Lasqueti Island. The mother Nellie (Sarah Caroline) HALL probably died in Ontario.

I would love to find descendants from this family.

Diane

Posted: 24 Oct 2003 4:44AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2004 7:05AM GMT
Diane, I think we have two different Raymond Nichols, the Raymond I knew had two sisters. Mary (Mamie) and LaVina (Viney) who was the youngest. He was married to Thelma Marcella Morton Nichols.
Good luck in your search
Dianne

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 8:32PM GMT
David's son Raymond Stanley was born in WASHINGTON state, USA on 1888-10-13. He had a son John Stanley. Nellie HALL died in Vancouver at Oakherst Nursing Home on 1954-01-29

Matt Nichols...Cheznichols@rogers.com

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 8:38PM GMT
Raymond Stanley NICHOLS married Ella Blanch JACKSON in Vancouver, BC on 1908-03-24. Raymond died in 1963 still married to Ella Blanch.

Matt Nichols...cheznichols@rogers.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic