Search for content in message boards

German Ancestors in NYC

German Ancestors in NYC

Posted: 30 May 2001 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 7:04PM GMT
Looking for anyone who may be related to the following - Bornemann's of Hanover, Doerr's of Hessen, Leyde's of Berlin and Dransfeld. Also, Johnert's (or Yahnert)from Poland. Will share information. ChicCalder@aol.com

Re: German Ancestors in NYC

Steve Bornemann (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2003 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Carol,
My line of Bornemann leads to Hanover through Georg Louis Theador Bornemann (b. Aug 13, 1833 in Hanover) who was married to Catherine Adamine Zundt (b. Apr 10, 1840 in Kretznach). His parents were Karl Fredrich August Bornemann (b. Sept 15, 1806 in Moritzberg) and Johanna Euphrosine Brauer (b. April 28, 1810 in Braunsweig). Before this I don't have any thread but there has been mention of a Martin Bornemann (1676-1711) who was an economist and senator in Clausthal-Zellerfeld and Martin's son Rudolf who was on the Board of Finance in Hanover and Mint Master of Zellerfeld. If any of this connects with your line, please let me know. Thank you.

Re: German Ancestors in NYC

C Johnert (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2003 5:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

The Bornemann's I am looking for were from Padingbuttel in Hanover. This would have been late 1700s early 1800s. The first name I have is Claus Friedrich Jacob Bornemann born 16 DEC 1803 in Padingbuttel. Married Margreta Catarina Lus on 04 AUG 1826. They had eight children that I know of. Regina Catarina Doratea born 1826, Eide Heinrich born 1828, Henning Friedrich born 1830, Herman Heinrich born 1833 (my gr-gr grandfather) Johann Heinrich born 1835, Fredrich Wilhelm born 1835-36, Eibe Henry born 1839 and Ernst August born 1846. All of these children came to New York and settled in Queens county. Two went for a time to South Carolina but came back to New York. I cannot identify the people from your line. Would they have any connection to Padingbuttel? Please feel free to mail me directly at ChicCalder@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic