Search for content in message boards

Joseph Edward Willis in S.C.

Joseph Edward Willis in S.C.

Amelia Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Joseph was my gggrandfather b 1880 d 1940 married Dora Rollson,Rollinson b 1884 d 1931 buried in Olymbia Cem in Columbia, S.C. this is far as I can get, trying to find out if they had sibs.

thanks, Amelia

Surname Willis

Amelia Smith (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Tommie i dont know where joseph came from but his kids were Theresa Amelia m a Bowen, Clarence, Annie, and a Otto, i do not know if otto is his real name. Theresa is my grandmother and she is buried in the Wills plot with Joseph in Olympia Cem in Columbia S.C. this is where I live.

Amelia

Willis in SC

Tommie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Willis
Hi, I have did alot of research on Willis in SC but do not have this name. Edenton Willis had alot of children born starting in 1860 to 1882. Joseph was not one of his but maybe one of his children had a Joseph Willis. Was he born in SC or his children? Willis of Aiken and Edgefield CO. Some moved to Lexington, Saluda,

Willis in SC

Tommie in SC (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Willis, Williams, Hite, Lowman, Fox, Steadman
Stephen W. Willis was married to Susan Harmon of VA. I do not know if Stephen was from there. He or another stephen was in the census for 1790 and 1800 in SC. I thought this Willis moved to Ill.

Re: Willis in SC

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edenton Willis? Can you direct me to his info? I'm looking for Stephen Wylie Willis (mid to late 1800's) and his son, Anthony Harmon Willis - my ggrandfather. Plum Branch, Edgefield, McCormick, possibly even Abbeville areas.

Willis in SC

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Willis, Harmon
Thanks. If it's any help to you, I've discovered that there were at least two different Stephen Willis/Susan Harmon families in the old 96 Dist. area. I've also just confirmed that my Stephen was born in VA in 1804 and married Susan Harmon in old Abbeville Dist., where she was born in 1811. They both died there, he in 1863 and she in 1894.

Willis in SC

Tommie in SC (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I did see that there was a Steven in the 1790 Old Edgefield Dist. census and I was wondering about your Steven. Are they kin? They have the same names?! Well, I will keep looking in Edgefield, McCormick, Aiken, Lexington, Saluda, and all the rest of the counties that were Old Edgefield or Old 96 District. SC Thanks for the information!

Willis in SC

Tommie W. in S C (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Amelia, please give me the dates of your Joseph Willis of Lexington, SC or Columbia so I know what generation he belongs to. Thanks

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 3:38AM GMT
I am also a decendent of Stephen Wylie Willis and have some information on the family lines. What are you looking for? Do you have any info on Stephen's parents etc?

Jim Willis

jimwillis@juno.com

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 3:41AM GMT
I am also researching this line. Do you have info on Stephen?

Jim Willis

jimwillis@juno.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic