Search for content in message boards

"North Point" Caroline County, VA

"North Point" Caroline County, VA

Posted: 25 Oct 2005 5:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I recently located a Caroline County death record for person who died in 1872. The person's place of birth and death was listed as "North Point". I searched the internet for North Point Caroline County and was not able to find much information. I found a Farsih Genealogy website which indicates the following information for Stevens Farish: PROP: North Point 1705- Caroline county, VA Note: North Point, the plantation home of Stevens Farish, was located on a high plateau on the west side of the Mattaponi River, about four miles west of the Court House in Carolina county.

Do you have any more information on "North Point", in Caroline County VA.

Thanks

Re: "North Point" Caroline County, VA

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Farish
who is the person in question?

msimmons (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 3:27AM GMT
They are William and Louisa Woolfolk.

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 4:03AM GMT
I don't know them. Did you ever find any information about North Point?

junebug957 at yahoo dot com

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 2:27AM GMT
Stevens Farish. Interesting. Robert Farish was the Executor for Major Joseph Stevens, 'of Essex and Caroline" who died in Caroline County, VA, in 1766.

Clearly there is more than a chance reason Robert Farish was chosen as Executor, when Joseph Stevens had at least one adult male child, Capt Richard Stevens, who inherited his estate. Interesting.

Are you researching the Farish line? Do you know of a Stevens relationship that would explain the given name of 'Stevens' for this Farish?

Can't help on 'North Point' but this means I will star to look for it.

Nicholas
per page

Find a board about a specific topic