Search for content in message boards

Chief Nettle Carrier

Chief Nettle Carrier

Elizabeth Start (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2005 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking information on chief nettle carrier. He is the son of Dragging Canoe. Suppose to live in the Overton County TN area. Suppose to have a daughters Margaret Winningham, Darkas Winningham, Hannah Thacker Ward, and possible Della Winningham. I am researching the Winningham line and trying to see if these winningham ladies are in my line. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Chief Nettle Carrier

James Winningham (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2005 10:52PM GMT
Hi Elizabeth:I am kin to Darkas, Margaret and Della WINNINGHAM. I go to Richard Winningham, Sr. & Richard, Jr. Are you related to the ROBBINS, POOR, ROBERTS, CRAVENS OR CHOATE families?? If so how does that go? Further. Can you give to me the legends and stories you have hear among your family?? I in turn will share with you, what I and others now know, on this Native American legend. Also, this a work in progress at best. Information might be added or changed as we find additional facts. Plus, I will share e-mail addresses of others working on this project. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.Another Long Lost Cousin,Jim

Elizabeth Start (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2005 6:35PM GMT
I am related through Richard Sr., Richard Jr, John, Marion Francis, and Mary Jane. I would like to know how Darkas, Margaret, and Della are related to the winninghams and Nettle Carrier. I would also like to know how these women are related to my line if at all possible. I found the nettle carrier connection on the Winningham message boards. Until then I didn't even know about the possibility of an indian connection on the winningham side. I will share any information that I may have on my line. Elizabeth

Mary Beth Bearden (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2006 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: Poor, Robert's, Pixley, Seifert, Smith, Meader
I am related to both Poor's and Roberts. I am happy to share information. I am looking for my Indian ancestry and am having difficulty. Send me your email and I shall send you my Poor and Roberts pedigrees. Deilghted. Mary Beth

James Winningham (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2006 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: WINNINGHAM, ROBBINS, BEATY, CHOATE, CONATSER, COPELAND, CRAVENS, FLOWERS, FRANKLIN, JOHNSON, LITTLE, McDONALD, MILLER, PHILLIPS, POOR, RAINS, REAGAN, SELLS, SMITH, STEPHENS, TAYLOR, THREET, YORK AND YOUNG.
Hi Cuz:Thanks for answering my post hon. It's always a great day to meet another Cousin. I am happy to report we have made progress sense my last post, in refer to the NAI ancestery. Please do forward to me your family history. Welcome back to the WINNINGHAM family.JimFoubar@WebTV.Net

Elizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2006 11:07PM GMT
My email address is mees73@yahoo.com. I too am looking for the indian connection and am having trouble putting every thing together.

Posted: 30 Aug 2006 11:37PM GMT
here is my winningham line as much as I can figure out. My gr. gr. grandmother was Mary Jane Winningham whose parents were Marion Francis Winningham and ? Sarah. Marion's parents were John Winningham and Tabitha Van Hooser. John's parents were Richard Winningham Jr. and Billy Young. Richard Jr's parents were Richard Winningham Sr. and wife unknown. I would really like help with this line and the connection to cheif nettle carrier. I do have some information on Mary Jane's husband's family if you would like it. I am also researching the Van Hooser line.

Posted: 19 Mar 2014 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Winningham
Have you any further information about Margaret Winningham? This is my husbands GGGrandmother?

Candy Hogan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions