Search for content in message boards

James Doyle

James Doyle

Bill Doyle (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Doyle
I am looking for information on James Doyle, who was born in Kildare in 1797 or 1798. His wife was Anna N, who was born in Ireland in 1805. He moved his family to Cambria County, Pennsylvania. He died 7/27/1870 in Cambria County, PA.

Doyles of Kildare

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2003 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Doyle, Mahan, Colton
Hello: Doyles aren't all that prolific in Kildare, it seems. My ancestor is Thomas Doyle (wife unknown), b. ca 1800; had son Joseph Doyle, b. 1832, and known to be "A Native of Kildare," as written on his gravestone. After emigration to the U.S. ca 1857, he married Sarah Mahan, dau. of John Mahan and Ellen Colton/Holton of Laois.

I received the following suggestion for search: LDS film for Naas, Kildare, #581929, T Box and Order #T 12379 (90 of 227 is Item Order] This is copied exactly from the search suggestion, and probably LDS can send for it. This I will try to do Dec. 30. When it comes in (3 weeks later?) I'll be glad to share anything of interest. There has been virtually no response on my Doyle queries. Kathleen Martin

Doyle

David Doran (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Doyle
I belive a William Doyle was a good friend of my father who lived in Carbury, Co Kildare. In my fathers posetions I found this death anouncement.
DOYLE. (Teelough, Carbury)- Feb 8 1978 at the Mater Hospital, Dublin, William Doyle: deeply regretted by his brother Father James Doyle, sisters Sister Loyolla and Nell, RIP. Remains will leave hospital to-morrow (friday) at 4.30 o'c., arriving Holy Trinity Church, Derrinturn, Carbury, at 6.00 o'c approx. Requiem Mass Saturday at 12.00 o'c Funeral immeadiately afterwards to ajoining cemetry.

D.

Doyle Family

Sandi Padilla (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Doyle, Bullock, O'Driscol, Cole, Stephens, Byrne, Hall
I have some information on James and Annie Doyle from Kildare, Ireland! My grandparents visited Annie and relatives in the early 1970's. My grandfather's mother was Mary Francis Bullock and these were her Irish Cousins. (His Second Cousins.) I am piecing info together from letters that were sent by Annie to the US in 1975 after their visit and if anyone is interested, I would be happy to share what I know.

I am also looking for relatives of Mary Hall who lived in Half Moon Bay, Santa Clara County, USA. She is in this family picture as well. It would be nice to make contact.

Doyle Family

Sandi Padilla (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Doyle, Bullock, O'Driscoll
I don't see any reference to the Stradbally area. The other two places mentioned are Dublin - in reference to a James and Rip Doyle, and Ballyrass (near Kilkea Castle) where Mary O'Driscoll lived with her second husband - a Ned English. Sorry I can't be of any more help. It's like solving a mystery. Thanks!

Doyles of Kildare

Kathleen A. Martin (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Doyle, Mahan, Colton, McAvoy
My great-grandfather Joseph Doyle (Thomas) probably came from the Stradbally area, close to the Coltons, Mahans, and McAvoys of Co. Queens. Do you see any references to these in your letters? I would be very interested in any descriptive details of Kildare. Our Joseph emigrated to America about 1857 with the Mahans.

Kathleen

Doyles of Kildare

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2003 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Doyle, Mahan, McAvoy
Hello: I wish I knew more. My first known Kildare ancestor is Joseph Doyle (don't know if he had another middle name), b. about 1830. He was closely allied with the Mahan family of nearby Queens Co. They emigrated to Conn., USA, about 1857 or so, acc. to the Naturalization Certificates. I never knew what town Joseph came from. He named his son John (for his father-in-law John Mahan) Joseph Doyle. This family lived in Charlton, Worcester Co., Mass. If any of this pertains to you please reply. Kathleen Martin

James Doyle

Mike Holland (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DOYLE
James Doyle, born 1797/8 Co. Kildare and 27 Jul 1870 is my 3rd Great Grandfather. I am descended from his 6th son Edward. Please write so we can share info!

Queens Co. Mahan family

Bob Mahan (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mahan, Garrity
Kathleen,

I am looking for information about my ggrandfather Patrick Mahan born in Co. Kildare about 1825. His father was William Mahan - mother unknown. He immigrated with his father about 1830. I believe that William may have been related to the Queens Co. Mahan's.

Bob

Re: Doyles of Kildare

Breda Higgins (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 3:51AM GMT
My maternal ancesters sirname is Martin.
There are many Doyles around Co.Kildare and lots in Naas Co Kildare.
Try www.naas.ie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions