Search for content in message boards

FUCHS, LALAK, FISCHER, ZIDEK, CERMAK

Helmut Fuchs (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for my relatives and ancestors on my MOTHER's side Margarete Karoline LALAK (1908-1947), born in Wien, Austria. She was married to Hans Ernst FUCHS (1908-1941) of
Wien in 1929. Her parents were Eduard Franz LALAK (1876-1925) from Wien, married in 1902 to Karoline FISCHER from Wien.
Eduard's parents were Franz LALAK (1845-1890), born in Redice, Chech Republic, married in Wien about 1875 to Franziska ZIDEK dates and places unknown.
Karoline FISCHER's parents were Karl FISCHER and Josepha Elisabeth CERMAK, dates and places unknown( probably Chech Republic).
If you are related to any of these persons, or have documents with additional information, please contact:
HELMUT FUCHS
HELMUT 2@JUNO.COM

FISCHER

Viktor Fischer (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Hello Helmut Fuchs

I do not really think there is a link but one never knows: my grandfather Viktor Gottfried FISCHER's parents were Carl Heinrich FISCHER, "amstdiurnist", born 18/6/1843 in Kronstadt/Siebenburgen (modern Brasov,Romania), married Marie SERBAN (Stadtpfarrgemeinde Kronstadt) likely in Kronstadt, and she was born 6/10/1847, both religions given as "ev.lt", I assume meaning Evangelical Lutheran. Carl Heinrich's parents were Johann FISCHER "ev.lt, leinwebermeister" and Anna PHILIPP, whose father was Martin PHILIPP.

An unlikely link on this information, and given that Fischer is apparently the fifth most common german name, but there you are just in case

regards

Viktor Fischer

ZID, KRIVAN

Posted: 13 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2003 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: ZID, KRIVAN
Dear Helmut,

This information may be of no use to you but your listing of Franziska ZIDEK, along with time and location caught my attention. My grandfather was a ZID, but it is entirely conceivable that the name was corrupted upon his emigration at Ellis Island in 1904. There may be a connection between your Franziska Zidek and the father of my grandfather, since his younger son bore a name very similar to "Franziska".

In Prague, Vaclav and Russine Zid had 2 surviving sons when Russine died in childbirth along with their third.

1. (My grandfather) Vaclav (William) Zid II, born Oct 8 or 11, 1879 in Prague; married Barbara Krivan about 1897; emigrated to USA in 1904; and died in Collinsville, ILL in 1938. They raised 4 children: William and Rose,born in Prague; and Frank Emil and Jennie born in Collinsville, ILL.

2. "Frank" Zid, born in Prague, emigrated to USA before 1904, established a business in Portland, Oregon as a cobbler, and died there about 1930 never having married.

I sincerely hope your search proves to be more successful than mine to date.

Best regards, Barbara

FUCHS, WOLF

Helmut Fuchs (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT

Candice,
Sorry to say, but this is not my family line. My Fuchs were in the Chech Republic/then Boehmen in the 1860's.

FUCHS, WOLF

Candice Bradley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FUCH, FUCHS, WOLF
Although I do not recognize the name Hans Fuchs, I have Fuchs ancestors from Wien. My ggrandmother was Clara Fuch. She was probably born before 1860-65, perhaps in Hungary. She married Moritz Wolf, probably before 1880. Moritz Wolf was born in Austria and died there in 1906. They had six children and lived in the Mariahilf District in Wien. Clara died between 1941 and 1945.

Unfortunately, I do not have information on Clara Fuch's parents and siblings.

karl fischer

kyle pottratz (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: fischer
Hi,I don't know if this is any help but my great-grandfathers name was Karl Fischer married to ameilla? Mueller.They came to the U.S.from bavaria.Ameilla was somehow related to fredrick pabst.hope this helps,and any info you could pass on to me would be helpful.

Zid

Elizabeth Brooke (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Zid
Anton Zid Arrive Ellis Island from Czechoslovakia, date unknown at this time. I have heard that he shortened his name upon arrival to Zid. I have a picture of John Velek and Anton Zid in front of the Chicago Wire Chair Co, dated 1906. I also have a family portrait of Veronica, Elizabeth, Mary, John, Anton and Margaret. At this time I do not know who the Velek family is. My grandfather was Frank Zid, who married Marie Kellner in 1917. They lived on Lombard Avenue in Berwyn, Illinios. My father was Pete Zid, who had siblings Dorthy, Frank and Rosemarie. I wish I could offer more information.

Rosa WOLF

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2002 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Wolf
am searching for my gmother, Rosa Wolf,daughter of Rose Goodman and Harry Wolf born 2 Feb 1868,Lemberic.
I know that Lemberic is part of Ukraine but am hoping to find family members in Austria or people that have heard of her family.
Before she migrated to USA, she lived in a town called Czernowitz which makes me think that she had friends or family there. She was a singer and is Jewish.
She left on 21.-7.90 but do not know port nor what she needed to leave. I know that she left on the ship Weimar.

Re: karl fischer

Posted: 15 Nov 2001 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2002 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: POTTRATZ, MUELLER
If you will check our home page you will find many POTTRATZ and MUELLER from Germany that first settled in SE MN in the mid 1800s.
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/a/r/e/Bob--Arens/

Re: karl fischer

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 5:39AM GMT
I am seeking info on FISCHERS from Oberkotzau, Bavaria, Germany, just south of HOF, Germany. My gr grandfather the 4th son was
JOBST FRIEDRICK FISCHER, married KATHARINA MARGARETHA RITTER, 5 sons all from OBERKOTZAU. They immigrated 14 Feb 1848 to US, ending up in NY, Jobst @ 3 sons in and around Fayetteville, Onondaga cnty, ny and the 2 younger sons in South Otselic, Chenango, cnty, ny. If any info would appreciate on their families in Germany.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic