Search for content in message boards

Wolfe and Swavely, Ainsworth - Need help please

Wolfe and Swavely, Ainsworth - Need help please

Posted: 13 May 2012 9:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Greetings all,

I am searching for an obit for the following:
Sara Jane Wolfe died June 27, 2005 in Ainsworth and is supposedly buried in Woodlawn.

A lady I believe is her mother, Mary Swavely, died on January 24, 1994 in Ainsworth and I cannot locate her burial place but I suspect it is in Woodlawn as well.

Both of these ladies were born in Pottstown,Pennsylvania.

I'd be grateful for any advice on how to proceed to find anything that would help me tie these two ladies together and locate burial location.

Many thanks for any guidance. Donna

Re: Wolfe and Swavely, Ainsworth - Need help please

Posted: 14 May 2012 5:21PM GMT
Sarah Jane's son Walter lives in Ainsworth, I would contac him and see if he would help you. If you need more help, let me know.
Kathy

Posted: 14 May 2012 6:59PM GMT
Hello Kathy, That would be incredibly kind of you. Tell Walter that I am researching for his Uncle Howard's family and that he may have met Uncle Howard and Aunt Florence when he was a youngster. They visited from Pottstown, PA a long time ago - perhaps to Ashby.

What I am trying to determine is if Sarah Jane's Mother -Mary Swavely - I believe her maiden name was Reifsnyder if he could confirm that - was buried out there in 1994 as the Church here where Mary's husband Walter is buried thinks she is here and I suspect not.

Thank you so much! Donna

Posted: 14 May 2012 10:16PM GMT
Hello again Kathy,

I got my generations mixed up - Uncle Howard was Sarah Jane's father's (also Walter)brother so I should have said Great Uncle Howard. Sorry 'bout that. Thanks again!

Donna

Posted: 15 May 2012 1:43AM GMT
Hello! I was notified of your request by friends. Sara Jane was my mother-in-law. Her sons requested no obit and she was cremated and sits on one of her sons shelves. Mary Catherine died in Bassett, NE and she was cremated and returned to Pottstown for burial. I am unsure of her obit--could have been in the Ainsworth paper or the Rock County paper.
May I ask what your reason for asking is?
Sincerely-- Bonnie Wolfe

Posted: 15 May 2012 4:09AM GMT
Hello Bonnie and thank you for replying. I have been researching the Swavely family for my neighbor who is the daughter of Howard, who was the brother of Walter, the father of Sara Jane. Howard and his wife visited with your family members back in Ashby many years ago.

My problem was that the Church here, where the Sr. Walter is buried could not come up with a date of death for Mary Catherine which made me wonder if she was buried out in NE.

I never found an obit so could not be sure that the notice I found was our Mary Catherine who deceased in 1994 even though that lady had a PA social security number. May I presume that Mary Catherine Swavely in 1994 is Sara's Mother?

Thank you so much for your assistance. No harm meant and if you folks want any history from here just let us know.

Donna

Posted: 15 May 2012 1:17PM GMT
Donna,
Yes Mary Catherine is Sara Jane's mother and the dates are correct. Know Sara Jane took her mother back for burial next to Walter in 1994. Believe it was a very small affair and no formal services were held.
I could in time look for the obit here or in Bassett for Mary Catherine (Reifsneider) Swavely, but cannot right away as I am running a greenhouse on our property until mid June then must take my friend with MS into Omaha for a Dr appt. If you don't mind waiting I would be glad to do this!
Any info the family would wish to share on this side of the family would be greatly appreciated! I have been meaning to get to it but with 2 diabetic children it does make it a bit more difficult to spend money you do not have.
Glad my friends gave me a copy of this search! If you would have contacted my brother-in-law William Walter Wolfe, he may not have told you! GASP!
Let me know how you wish to proceed on this. Also if you need current addresses for all of us I will let you know this too!
Have a delightful day! Bonnie

Posted: 15 May 2012 10:02PM GMT
Dear Bonnie, Ah, the magic word greenhouse! When our weather sorts itself out and I get to buying some annuals, I consider "greenhouse shopping day" one of my favorites! Too bad we don't live closer.

Thank you for all the information. Don't take any time to look for obits for Mary Catherine as you have given me the proof I needed and I will advise the Church so they can mark their records. For some reason her burial was never noted. Probably just missed by error.

I will be happy to pass along the work I have done but I need you to give me a little time as there are a few more kinks in this history that need sorting out just as we just did. Then I'll mail you the history - if you want to make contact before then email me at coolehane@aol.com

Thank your friend again! It was so kind of her to put us together. :-) Donna

Posted: 16 May 2012 12:40AM GMT
So glad to help! Stay in touch! I just tried sending a quick note by email to see if it came out correct! Bonnie

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 2:39PM GMT
Bonnie, I'm making copies for you. I need an address please. I lost the email note you sent so if you'll email me privately you can put it there and I'll have your email addy on file.

Thanks much, Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions