Search for content in message boards

Andersons of Lauren Co. 1700's...

Andersons of Lauren Co. 1700's...

Rebecca (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2001 2:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson, Cobb
Looking for anyone who has any information on a "WILLIAM ANDERSON" b. abt. 1730 VA, d. 1798 Laurens Co., SC. Served in the REV WAR and was wounded, which left him with a scar on his face for life. Recieved a land grant of 400 acres in Lauren Co., SC on July 8, 1774 near Waterloo, SC. (last wife) Molly Cobb. His parents were James Anderson b. 1705-1710, d. In Old 96 District near Abbeville, SC & Magaret ?, grandparent John Anderson b. late 1600's maybe from Scotland. d. PA or VA. Please email me at: 1rebecca@excite.com

Re: Andersons of Lauren Co. 1700's...

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 3:14AM GMT
I am researching this family as i am one of the many descendants. please email me brucesmith@nyc.rr.com. thanks Bruce Smith

Posted: 29 Jun 2002 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2003 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson , Garrett, Wharton, Smith,
Hi i descend fron i think his only child of his first marrage... David Lewis Anderson. I would love to share .

Bruce Smith in NYc

Tamara Smith (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2002 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Anderson, Godfrey, Bennett, Ferguson
Are any of these Anderson's related to Philip Anderson of Laurens Co.? Philip died in 1814. On his will, dated 4-19-1814, his wife was Elizabeth (maiden name is Jones, I think). Their children listed were son Ned, daughters Lucy and Ann Davis, sons Allen and Reuben Anderson, daughter Elizabeth Anderson, and son Lewis. This Lewis married Charity McCoy. They had a number of children including David (or Davis), Lycurgus Chesterfield, Elizabeth, Louisa Elizabeth and others. I descend from Charity McCoy's brother Drayton.

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Andersons & Jones
Hi. I've just started researching a Phillip & Lewis Anderson family line (that comes from Laurens Co.), and I was wondering if this same Lewis has children in the name of Delila b. abt. 1795, Peter b. 1799 and a Jacob b. 1805 ??
I have Lewis b. 1776 in NC, d.after 1850 in GA and Phillip b. 1755 in SC, and d. 1814 in Laurens Co.,SC.
If I have a connection, please tell me!! I would like to more about this family connection because I'm trying to find a Thomas and a Jonathan Anderson that may have come from that area, and then with that family to Tattnall Co., GA around the late 1830's. Thomas was Jonathan's guardian, so I'm hoping there maybe a connection there. Also, does the Jones family have any connection to this Philip Anderson as well?
Many Thanks, Laura

Posted: 24 Sep 2005 3:54PM GMT
Do you have any information Reuben Anderson Jones? Thanks. Juke
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions