Search for content in message boards

Re;Commonwealth Cemetary

Re;Commonwealth Cemetary

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather Mike Gallella is burried in Commonwealth Cemetary. Can anyone look up the deed and send me all the details.Or, does anyone know who I can write to for this info.

Mike Gallella burried December 1920

Thank You Joyce

Re: Re;Commonwealth Cemetary

Signe Kasten Breckon (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Gallella, Mike 1868-1920
Hello Joyce,The information you are looking for can be found using the links you will find in the Florence Genealogy Website. There is a link there for cemetaries and where to find documents. You may try to access the website with this URL: http://"www.rootsweb.com/~wilfloren/stmary.html" Let me know if this helps and if not, I will forward the website to you this evening when I have more time. Happy hunting,Signe Kasten

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 10:56PM GMT
Thank you ever so much for your reply. I can't get into the message board you posted. I'd like to know what is written in the deed for my grandfather's grave.

Thank you
Joyce
P.S. Do you know the name of the person whom I can write to there at Commonwealth Cemetary. Thank you again

Signe Kasten Breckon (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 5:21AM GMT
Hello again. Sorry about the dead link.Please try this: Genealogy Website/Florence WI"http://www.rootsweb.com/~wifloren/"Try this one to learn what statistical data is tHere under the GALLELLA surname: "http://www.rootsweb.com/~wilfloren/NEW.html"Try this one to look up statistics.You need to know if your relative entered through Ellis Island. I am _not_comprehending what you are referring to as "The deed to grandfathers headstone" Go here~~~>"http://www.rootsweb.com/~wifloren/VITALS.html"Have fun!

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 1:24PM GMT
Good morning Signe,

The deed I want is to my grandfathers grave not his tombstone.
I found him on Ellis Island,but there were no names of his parents. I thought if I had the deed to his grave (plot), their might be names of his parents on that.

Again, thank you for responding. Have a nice day.
Joyce

Axel Bjornberg (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 4:35PM GMT
> The deed I want is to my grandfathers grave not his
> tombstone.
> I found him on Ellis Island,but there were no names of
> his parents. I thought if I had the deed to his grave
> (plot), their might be names of his parents on that.

That would seem to only be the case if he maybe also bought
them their plot (or vice versa); if he immigrated by himself,
that would seem unlikely.

What you want, I think, is his death certificate, which
in some localities after some date might have the parents
listed (if known).

A marriage certificate might also have this information.

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Gallella, Commonwealth, Florence Co.
Hi, I am the sexton of the Commonwealth Cemetery. I have not record of Mike Gallella buried at our cemetery in the Township of Commonwealth, Florence Co. Wisconsin. However, St. Mary's Cemetary is directly above ours and in the early days obits often referred to it as the Commonwealth Cemetery seeing as they are adjacent. Contact St. Mary's Church, Florence to confirm. Debbie

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 6:06AM GMT
Hi Debbie: Can you tell me the location in the cemetery of Annie (Peterson) (Bjornberg) Carlson. Her maiden name was Peterson. She married Axel Bjornberg and after two children, Tippy and my grandmother, Axel died and she remarried to Gust Carlson. I know you helped Muriel locate Axel's grave, she put a stone on it. If I remember right, she said there were two graves, Axel and their first child were in one and Annie and Gus are in the other. Tippy was taking care of grandpa Gus when he died and I believe Tippy had him buried with Annie and two of their children who died at a young age. Tippy and Eva are buried in the Catholic half of the cemetery, but I'm sure that Gus and Annie would not have been. They would be in the Commonwealth half of the cemetery. Can you help me with the location of the grave of Gus and Annie?

Gene

Posted: 9 May 2011 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: Mike Gallella
Mike Gallella is not buried in the Commonwealth Cemetery, but in St. Mary's Cemetery (just ajacent). Stone says 1868-1920. Lot 212 St. Mary's Church has nothing else on him. Register of Deeds at the Florence Co. Courthouse may have a death certificate with other into. Debbie dkd@bordelandnet.net

Re: Re;Commonwealth Cemetary St. Mary's Cemetery

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 10:59PM GMT
Surnames: Gallella
Debbie, I'm sorry that I just saw your email today. I moved, got a new computer,& lost some of my info.
I thank you for replying to my post. So, my grandfather is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery. I don't understand why St. Mary's church has nothing on him. He & my grandmother had 10 children there in Florence.
Although, language was a problem since they were Italian & most others were German & Swede.
My mothers Baptismal ctf from St. Mary's reads my grandmothers name as being. Minnie Schwartz. Should.have read. Filomina Cerzullo(maiden name) My mother was Della Gallella.
Do you have an address for the courthouse?
Again, thank you for your kindness.
Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic