Search for content in message boards

James Gregory NC mid 1700s

James Gregory NC mid 1700s

Richard Gregory (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 7:19PM GMT
Seeking inf on issue of James/Sarah(Thompson)
Gregory who were m:1756,Goochland Co,VA.Believe James spent most of his life in
Orange Co NC He died in 1799 in Person Co NC

James gregory

sue gregory guzman (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 8:12PM GMT
He is my 7th generation grandfather
b-1720 married sarah 11-28-1756 st james parish, goochland co va, died 1799 person co north carolina, father richard Mother margret
barecock both from pasquotank n.c.
sgregbuffalo@aol.com

James Gregory of NC

Cara Showers (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 8:15PM GMT
I have a g-g-grandfather who is James Gregory (not the same one as you mentioned in the Parent message) who listed his father as being from NC on the 1900 Census. My James Gregory was born Dec. 1836 in VA. So his father was probably born around 1800. Do you know of any ancestors of your's who might possibly be related to my James Gregory? Thanks!

Gregory migration from VA to NC

Kelly Bialk (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 9:20PM GMT
Contact me at mindspring@ameritech.net. My Gregory's migrated from VA to NC as well.

Gregory from VA into NC

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 7:49PM GMT
Kelly Blaik - I'm looking for Gregory family moving from VA into Pasquotank Co NC prior to 1700 or from VA into Orange Co NC prior to 1770 Richard Gregory

JAMES GREGORY FROMGOOCHLAND,VA.

M. CROSS (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 9:57PM GMT
HAVE WM. GREGORY M. SALLY GRAVES IN ST. JAMES PARISH IN GOOCHLAND, VA. HAD SON NAMED WM. HE HAD BROTHER NAMED JAMES HAVE NO DATES OF BIRTH FOR HIM . JAMES HAS BROTHERS, JOHN, THOMAS,BENJAMIN, SISTERS SARAH B. 1787N.C.,BEVERLY, AND ELIZABETH. DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ANY HELP. M. CROSS

JAMES GREGORY FROMGOOCHLAND,VA.

M. CROSS (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 9:57PM GMT
HAVE WM. GREGORY M. SALLY GRAVES IN ST. JAMES PARISH IN GOOCHLAND, VA. HAD SON NAMED WM. HE HAD BROTHER NAMED JAMES HAVE NO DATES OF BIRTH FOR HIM . JAMES HAS BROTHERS, JOHN, THOMAS,BENJAMIN, SISTERS SARAH B. 1787N.C.,BEVERLY, AND ELIZABETH. DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ANY HELP. M. CROSS

William Gregory - Goochland, VA

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 1:59PM GMT
I know a little of this William Gregory. I never suspect him to be associated with Goochland Co. Do you have and dates at when he married Sally Graves?
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 3:39PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 7:50PM GMT
Richard, I just received a copy of the will of John Biggs, d. 8 April, 1754 in Pasquotank Co., N.C. In it states that Jacob Gregory received certain things " in rite of his wife". NO 1st name. Am trying to put all these Biggs in line-- too many John's. Do you have anything on a Jacob Gregory??
Thank You, Bettie J.

Re: James gregory

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 2:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
This James GREGORY of Person Co., NC is not the son of Richard GREGORY and Margaret BARECOCK of Pasquotank Co., NC. Their son James remained in Pasquotank County, NC, where he wrote his will in 1776, naming his wife Ruth and 13 children. That THIS James is the son of Richard and Margaret is proved by several facts, not the least of which is number 1 below.

1. In the will of James, one tract he bequeathed was that "tract of Land I bought of my brother Caleb GREGORY." To have 13 children, this James was born at a minimum in the mid 1720s (he was actually born before 1709). The only Caleb of that age to be his brother was the son of Richard GREGORY and Margaret BARECOCK.

2. Richard Sr. in his will written in 1719 left a tract on the North River to his sons James and John, to be divided by the branch that runs through it.

3. Richard GREGORY (Jr.) in 1754 after the death of his mother Margaret, sold tracts to his brothers James (C:151), Caleb (F&G:15) and John (F&G:17). The deed to John was for 85 acres, and mentioned as one of the boundaries, a branch on the NE side of the Pasquotank River dividing the land of James and John.

4. In 1772 Theophilus GREGORY (who had inherited John's land as his eldest son) sold the same 85 acre tract to Joshua DALEY, mentioning as boundaries, the Deep Branch on the North River Swamp, and James GREGORY's line. (I:318)

5. In 1773 James GREGORY of Pasquotank County sold a small portion of his land (5 1/2 acres) to Joshua DALEY on the NE side fo the Pasquotank River and the W side of the North River on the Deep Branch which divided the land of James GREGORY and that of DALEY that the said DALEY bought of Theophilus GREGORY [which was originally John GREGORY's]. (I:375)

6. In his 1776 will, James GREGORY left several tracts to his sons, including mentions of the North River Swamp, Deep Branch, Theophilus GREGORY's line, and DAILY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic