Search for content in message boards

RICE surname in NW Missouri

RICE surname in NW Missouri

Deborah Wood (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 1999 8:10PM GMT
I was told my grandfather SAMUEL FRANKLIN RICE (b. 1894, d. 1965) was full-blood Cherokee, and I have been trying to verify this. Samuel married DESSA MAE GOAD, and they lived in Plattsburg, Clinton County, MO until their deaths in 1964-1965. My great-grandfather was GEORGE MILES RICE (b. 1870), and his father was GEORGE SAMUEL RICE (b. 1844). George Miles (married JULIA LORENA GROGAN) and George Samuel (married MARY ANN CHANEY) both lived near Holt, MO. I am looking for any information about the family's original location, and if there is truly Cherokee heritage involved. Please email me. I have information about the GOAD family, also, if this is in your line. Thanks!

Rice/Goad/Grogan

Posted: 27 Nov 1999 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 8:53PM GMT
I just visited a cemetery outside of Plattsburg today, and there were lots of Goads and several Rices buried there. Don't
remember names and dates, but there were several that were pretty old. I'm looking for Rice family and notice that there were
several there but unable to connect since I
have so little info. There are also some
Rices buried in Smithville. There are several Goads Rices living up in this area
that just may be able to help.

Rice/Goad/Grogan

Deborah Wood (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 1999 10:24PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of Samuel Franklin Rice and Dessa Mae (Goad) Rice of Plattsburg, MO. Samuel's father was George Miles Rice and Julia Lorena (Grogan) Rice, also of Plattsburg. Samuel and Dessa, as well as George Miles and Julia are buried in the Church of the Brethern Cemetery, Plattsburg, MO. The other Rices, Goads, and Grogans buried there are relatives. I have traced the Rice family back to George Miles Rice's father, George Samuel Rice and his wife, Mary Ann Chaney, but have not found anything further. I had been told my grandfather was full-blood Cherokee, but haven't found that link, either. Please email me, so we can compare notes. Thanks!

Rice in NW MO

Dorothy Beck (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 4:08PM GMT
I also have Rices in NW MO. My grandfather
was born in Mound City (Holt CO.)and I have
always been told that he was Cherokee. His
name was Emery Frank Rice (b1878) and his
parents were Keness Rice and Sarah Henderson
Rice. His known siblings were Ezra and Clara.
Would appreciate any information.
Rice.

RE: Rices in NW Missouri

Posted: 19 Jan 2000 9:48PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2006 6:20PM GMT
Dorothy Beck, my Rice great-grandfather as well as great-great grandfather were of Dallas Township, Bigelow, Holt, MO. Your Emery Frank Rice was born 8 years after my great-grandfather, George Miles Rice. I would wonder if Emery Frank Rice's father was a sibling of my Rice great-great grandfather? Mound City is very near Bigelow, MO. Please email me at skylark@kc.rr.com. Maybe we have a connection!

Rice surname in Northwest Missouri

Jim Tanner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 3:38AM GMT
Deborah, I do not have any knowledge of my Great Grandmothers side of the family. Her maiden name was Josie Rice and would have married my Great Grandfather James or Jim Tanner in the 1870's or 80's. They lived in Missouri and Arkansas. My GGreat Grandmother was full blood Cherokee. Do you have any information that could connect her to your Grandfather's family? You can e-mail me at jtanner@btc-bci.com.
If there is a connection I would be more then happy to pass on all the information I have of her and my Great Grandfather's family
to you. Thanks.

to jim tanner on the rices in mo.

Posted: 7 Feb 2000 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2004 4:22AM GMT
dear jim my family was from mo north also had a ggaunt name josie rice please contact me at above e mail and leave your e mail not on message boards.i cant find them when they go thier thank you judy

i found some more for you on george rice

Posted: 3 Mar 2000 8:18PM GMT
hello i lost your email address i got some more info for you i think you will like i even got pictures,of george miles rice, please contact me i have a lot of pictures for you.also i no where you can find more info thanks judy

i found some more for you on george rice

Posted: 3 Mar 2000 8:21PM GMT
hello i lost your email address i got some more info for you i think you will like i even got pictures,of george miles rice, please contact me i have a lot of pictures for you.also i no where you can find more info thanks judy pepp579190@aol.com

deborah found some more good news

Posted: 3 Mar 2000 8:47PM GMT
i got some pictures for you i also found george miles rice i have pictures of him and many more.i lost your email address please contact me as soon as you can,pepp579190@aol.com judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic