Search for content in message boards

Robert Schermerhorn from IL

Robert Schermerhorn from IL

Michelle Schermerhorn (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2003 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: schermerhorn
Hello everyone. I am trying to help my husband find out his family history. He has no contact with his father and so I am turing to the web to find what I can. My husband is Adam Robert Schermerhorn born 9/22/59 in Chicago Illinois. His father is Edward Schermerhorn and his Grandfather is Robert Schermerhorn. Both his father and grandfather were born in Illininois as far as I can tell. If you can help that would be great. I would love to be able to give him some family history so that he can pass it on to his children. Thank you in advance for anyone who can help.

Michelle Schermerhorn

Re: Robert Schermerhorn

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 4:18PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn
Hi, I have a Robert J. Schermerhorn that lived in Illinois. Do you know what your Robert's wife's name was? The one I have lived at Olge County, Illinois at one time. If this is the same person I have a great deal of information on this family. Please contact me at cricketcj1@aol.com
Wanda Rodgers

Re: Edward Schermerhorn

Margie Neibert (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2004 4:59AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: schermerhorn
Hi there! I know of an Edward Schermerhorn from Chicago IL. He is a retired police officer with the Chicago police department. I believes he lives in Missouri, or at least he did the last I knew. He told me he had a son who worked in Chicago. He knew my birth mother in 1955. I believe he said his son was deaf. Does any of that sound familiar? If so, I may know more. Please email me and let me know if this is the same person.

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 4:44AM GMT
I am seeking information on Muriel M. Carlin b. ca. 1917 who married a Robert M. Schermerhorn 4 Sept 1940. She was the daughter of Daniel L. Carlin and Elsie/Elizabeth Hurst. The Carlin family lived in Chicago, IL at the time of the 1920 and 1930 censuses. I am presuming Muriel and Robert married in Chicago or Cook County.

Any additional information will be appreciated.

Posted: 26 Dec 2011 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn
I used to work with Eddie Schemerhorn on the Chicago Police Dept. To the best of my knowledge his mother was deaf and his sister June was also living in Chicago. He did move to Missouri after retirement. I am curious if you know if he is still alive and how he may be reached if he is.

Thank you,

Hans Heitmann

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 7:21PM GMT
Eddie is still alive and kicking. I am his ex daughter in law. He made it clear not to give hi information out to anyone. I can however let him know that you are looking for him. Privately email me at shellbell1271@gmail.com and I can see if I can give him your name and contact info. :-)

Posted: 31 May 2014 5:54PM GMT
Ed is my brother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic