Search for content in message boards

How to search my Family History (American Indian? USA)

How to search my Family History (American Indian? USA)

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 3:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2011 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Lester
my birth name chris ann plummer i am searchimng for my family tree nycethia lester is my great great grandmother an is saposably american indain how do i find out. if you any information how i go about finding my indain heritage i would like to find my bloodline number thanks for your help

Re: my family history

Posted: 26 May 2006 3:07AM GMT
My name is susan pollak my mother is Margaret willnecker her mother is grace plummer and her what we know. John has a wife elizabeth and her child sarah was captured by indians and remained with them the rest of her life. The capture was in pennslyvannia. Could this be your indian connection. E-mail me for more info swpollak@yahoo.com

Posted: 10 Jul 2006 1:58PM GMT
Nycetie Cherokee Lester England, born Feb 22 1951, Taxwell Va (now Mcdowell Co WV) made application to the Eastern Cherokee Courts in 1907. She tried to establish her right to Cherokee Tribe status, and some funds. These funds were promised to the Cherokee who had to leave their land, back in the mid 1800's, but they never were pd.

Of course, she was rejected. Most were. But, this application , #35662, , mentions(written by official of the 'Courts') "Nycetie C. Lester possess a history of 'Taswell Co.VA - telling all battles of Indians - between Cherokees

Posted: 16 Jul 2006 7:19PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 3:37PM GMT
Are you sure of the birth date of Feb 22 1951? Where was her parents from? Are you refering to the "Trail of Tears in 1837"?
Which PLUMMER family are you from? Mine is William PLUMMER of Glouster Co., VA and Warren Co., NC.

Be Well
Joe McDonald
joemcdo@flash.net

Posted: 6 Dec 2008 3:50AM GMT
My Plummer Family is from Mc/Dowell County My Grandmother Was Rose Lester. My Grandfather is Elisha Rose Lester

Posted: 6 Dec 2008 3:54AM GMT
My grandfather John Plummer was married to Mathilda Belle Rose From Mc/Dowell County West Virginia. His Father James C. Plummer was from Virginia

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 12:26AM GMT
Charlotta Victory Finley who married James Plummer was the sister of my grandfather, William Finley. They were born in Grayson Co., Whitetop, Va area. My dad use to call her Aunt Lottie. I personally never met her. My name is Jenny Finley. I also never met Mary Jane Plummer but I knew her well, talked with her on the phone for a couple of years before she passed. I also have some Lesters in my family, my Aunt married Fred Lester from McDowell Co. W.Va.

How are you related to the Finleys will try to help if I can. Jenny Finley

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Plummer
Albert Plummer's father was my Great Uncle So Albert would be my cousin and so On and so on. James C, Plummer son John Fiieder Plummer was my grandfather

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 2:41PM GMT
OK, just thought I could help. My line does not go that way. Albert Plummer son of James and Charlotta Finley-Plummer would be my second cousin I only have info on this particular line down to me. James and Charlotta were my father's aunt and uncle. I was hoping you would be able to help me with photos and such. Trying to locate a photo of my great grandmother Mahala Blevins or John A. Finley, or Charlotta I have one of James George Plummer and Minerva Plummer Thanks anyway. Jenny

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 8:07PM GMT
Ancestry.com wont show me your email address so I had to send a message this way. I notice you saved a record, 1850 census on a Mary Ann Elswick. Is this Elswick of West Virginia/ Virginia area? My great great grandmother was Mary Ann Elswick she married Charles Bingley Clinton.Does this match with your records ? Are you related?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions