Search for content in message boards

Help Please!

Help Please!

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Causey, Nummy, Taylor, Caldwell, Raiford, Nelson
Looking for any information on above family names in AL particularly any in Elmore, Talapoosa, Montgomery, or Perry counties. Thanks ever so much!

Nelson

Linda Webb Cleveland (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson
My grandfather Emmanuel Nelson was born March19, 1888 in Crenshaw County, His father is William "Duck" Nelson. And I don't know anything other than his name about him. If someone could help me find them I certainly would appreciate it. I know my grandfather lived and died in Opp Alabama as did his wife Renvy Katherine Loutisha Emmaline Nowling. Actually she had 8 names but I can't remember them all. She died when my mom was 11. I know that most of the Nowling family came from Northwest Florida, because some of my cousins still live there, and Nelsons are buried there as well. But I can't find the connection I need. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda Webb Cleveland

Nelson in Tallapoosa Co.

Angela Whittington (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson, Hand, McGuire, Yarbrough, Brooks
I read the response from Linda and was surprised to have her list Nelson family that had died in Opp, Alabama. My gggrandfather lived in Tallapoosa Co. but was buried in Opp. His name was Baron Decalb Nelson and his first wife was Margaret McGuire, his second wife was Sarah Carter. If any of this sounds familiar please let me know.
Thanks,
Angela

NELSON, BROOKS

Tiffany Shoop (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NELSON, CARPENTER, RUSHING, DONALDSON, HATAWAY, HATTAWAY, HATHAWAY, FLOYD, GANUS, PETTIT, PETTETT, BRASHEARS, BELT, JONES, BROOKS, BUSH
Hi,
Noticed you have Nelsons and Brooks. My grandmother was a Nelson on my mother's side and one of her daughters married a Brooks. I'm trying to find info on uncle QP (initials were his first name) BROOKS' parents and siblings and any Nelsons anywhere in AL,and GA. Please email me direct with your info.
Thanks,
Tiffany

NELSONS in CRENSHAW, PIKE COFFEE CO AL

Tiffany Shoop (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NELSON, CARPENTER, RUSHING, DONALDSON, HATAWAY, HATTAWAY, HATHAWAY, FLOYD, GANUS, PETTIT, PETTETT, BRASHEARS, BELT, JONES
Hi,
I found out that my Nelsons were in Coffee Co, Pike Co, and Crenshaw Co. AL and FL. Would like to know more about yours that was in Crenshaw and their ancestors, descendants and siblings, please.
You can email me direct.
Thanks,
Tiffany

Alabama Nelsons

Angela Whittington (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Tiffany,
My Mary Brooks married a William Yarbrough, Their daughter Sarah married John Nelson and their son was my gg grandfather Baron Dekalb Nelson. He was born in 1845. He was married twice, first to Margaret McGuire and Second to Sarah Carter.

Any of this rings a bell, let me know.

NELSON FAMILY IN ALABAMA

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: WILLIAM NELSON
LOOKING FOR ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ON nelson family in alabama in the early 1800's . A WILLIAM NELSON AND A FRANK NELSON , SALLY NELSON& CHARLES HARY NELSON, IT IS BELIVE THAT THEY WERE FROM BREWTON AL. AND THEN LATER MOVE TO BARYDALE FLA ,THERE IS AN ARIE NELSON . THESE ARE MY GG, GRAND PARENTS AND GRAND PARENTS . THANK YOU FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE ,ALSO THE NELSON ARE BELIVE TO BE OF CHEROKEE ROOTS , WYALL'S ARE ALSO MY GREAT GRAND MOTHER NAMES, SO I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THAT TO . THANK YOU. MY E- MAIL IS kesler1999@aol.com

Sarah and John Nelson

Tiffany (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NELSON
Hi Angela,
It's been awhile but found so info since we last spoke and would like to know more about your Sarah and John Nelson, to see if it's the same Sarah and John Nelson I have. Thanks, and anymore on the Mary Brooks you mentioned.
Tiffany

Nelsons AL

Tiffany (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NELSON
Hi,
Would like to know more about your NELSONs in AL, mine are from there too and yes, they do have Cherokee roots as well as Chickasaw and Choctaw through out the lineages.
Would like to know what you have found out since this last posting and more about the ones you have and what you have been told by your grandmother?
Thanks,
Tiffany

Re: Nelsons AL

Posted: 12 May 2009 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: nelson
hello, my nelson family also came from Alabama. would like to see if they are related.

Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic