Search for content in message boards

Stopping Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 from abbreviating names

Stopping Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 from abbreviating names

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 3:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know how to keep FTM from abbreviating names that are displayed on the Family pane? Is there a limit to how many characters you can have in each person's "bubble" in that display? I am entering siblings whose given names all begin with the same letter.

Also, in the index, how do I add "christening" to the drop-down menu? I don't have any birth dates, only christening dates. All the birth dates say "Unknown." I want to be able to sort by christening dates.

Re: Stopping Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 from abbreviating names

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 4:38AM GMT
Not sure about the name display, I think that may ultimately be related to screen size and resolution and the display font size, but I seem to recall that if you have no entry for a Date of Birth ie the field is left blank (important) and you have a christening (baptism) fact date, that FTM will use the Christening/Baptism date.

Try taking the "unknown" out of your Date of Birth entry for a couple of people (ie leave it empty) that you have the alternative christening info and see what happens?

You can display christening in the RH editing panel via the customise view

John D

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 4:54AM GMT
Thanks for a very good idea. I removed "Unknown" and left that blank, and I have the data for christening filled in, but I can't figure out how to move "Christening" facts from under "Individual Facts" into "Personal Information." The bubbles seem to automatically populate with info from "Personal Information."

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 5:20AM GMT
I don't think that you can

The best you can do is to have Christening in the RH editing panel via Customise view

John D

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 6:18AM GMT
Any FTM developers monitoring this forum? I would love to know if there is a workaround or something that would let me populate the bubbles with christening data.

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 6:40AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic