Search for content in message boards

Blosser or Blasser in york county

Blosser or Blasser in york county

Amy Carter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Blosser, Blasser
Looking for addtional information on Peter Blosser a mennonite minister in the South Shenandoah. He had children named George Blasser who owened "The Woodlands" near Shrewsbury, His son Capt James H. Blasser was captian of union army. John Blasser was flour-mill, oil-mill and landowner. J.F blasser, clerk of the courts of your countyis in this connection. He had two wives Barbara and Knicely. Peter had children by first wife: Barbara, Frances, Elizabeth, Anna, Susanna, Peter, Jacob,Abraham, and Tobias.

amymar3@aol.com (last known contact address--bounced on 12/01/00)

Peter Blosser

Posted: 1 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 1:26PM GMT
Surnames: Blosser, Blaser, Blasser
I have hesitated to answer your request because there is much confusion with Peter Blosser. Several families claim him. Several Peter Blasers immigrated about this same period and I'm not confident that any one has straightened out all of the family connections. At the risk of adding to the confusion I offer my best effort at placing him (I reserve the right to change my mind if I find new information - I'm still investigating him.).

Peter immigrated from Germany and arrived at Philadelphia on August 27, 1739 on ship "Snow Betsy". My family records say that Peter was born 27 August 1710 (others give his birthdate as 1716 or 1717). Peter married Barbara Bear. Peter's and Barbara's children were Peter, b 19 March 1752, Abraham, b 1753, Barbara, Frances, Elizabeth, Anna, Susanna, Magdalena, Jacob, b 13 Jan 1758, and Tobias. Some of the boys moved to Virginia in 1776. Peter's second wife was a Miss Knicely. Peter died 1776 or 1790 in York Co., PA.

Peter (1710) is reported to be a son of Abraham Blaser, born in 1697 or 1700, Rothenbach, Bern, Switzerland. He died after 3 Feb 1759 in Conestoga Twp., Lancaster Co., PA. He married Anna Eby, born in 1700 in Switzerland, and/or Anna Ebin. Their children were Peter, b 27 Aug 1710, Unknown, b 1720, Abraham, b 1724, John, b 1729, 1730 or 1734, Jacob, b 1735 or 1736, Christian, Nicholas, Matthias, Susanna, and George. Note that if these dates are correct the father was only 10 or 13 years old when Peter (1710) was born - possible but unlikely - so we may have the wrong dates or even the wrong person.

In your note you mentioned a son named George. I don't have any information on him.

Blasser

Steve Miller (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blasser
Hi, just wondering ,would you happen to know of a Blasser Burial Ground in what was SpringGarden Twp York Co in 1853. My Gr Gr Gr Grandfather Christian Miller was buried there , according to the Vital Crds at the Historical Society. There is no one in ther that has ever heard of it . I thought maybe you could shed some light on this puzzle.

Thanks

Steve

Re: Peter Blosser

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 2:34AM GMT
bloucks_1,

That is confusing. I also have a Peter Blasser, but the only things that I know about him is that he married Magdalena, he arrived on 27 Aug 1739 on the ship "Snow Bettsey", settled in Donegal Township, Lancaster County, PA; was a mennonite minister and farmer; purchases land from William Penn estate and built a church; and he has a son, Christian Blasser I b. 1749 in Pennsylvania.

Re: Peter Blosser

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 8:35PM GMT
I to am a decendent of A John Peter Blosser. He is my direct line. He is my 5th great Grand father from York Pa. He was born 1743 died in 1814. He married Catherine Beery. Born 1729 died in 1814 also. It is said that they are decendents of Abraham Blaser the first to come to the new world. John Peter Blaser or Blosser Family came and settled in Point Marion, Pa Area. Most of the older Blosser's family are buried in Point Marion in 3 different cemetaries. Nicholas is buried in Cagey cemetary.Some also are buried in a church cemetery off of 119 north of Point Marion in Springhill Township. More are buried in Pleasant hill cemetary on 119 South Point Marion, Fayette Cty, Pa. Abraham and a lot of the Blosser Family are documented in Early Families of Western Pa. In the Darlington Digital Library University of Pittsburgh, Pa.,in a book by Samuel T Willy called "History of Monongalia County". My
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions