Search for content in message boards

Do I have family in the Czech Republic?

Do I have family in the Czech Republic?

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOWER, TAUER, MACH, PENAS
My great-grandfather came to America from Bohemia, Czecholslovakia at some point in his life. His name was Frank Tauer Sr., born in Domazlice, 03/13/1873. We don't know if he came over as a child or an adult. He never spoke of his past, it is thought he changed his name (or as he entered America, officials changed it?). He raised his family in Valley Co., NE, USA. Wife, Josie (MACH), children Frank Jr, Fannie, and Minnie Bower (my grandmother.) I am wondering if he had siblings and are there other relatives still alive in the Czech Republic? Please email chrisgunwall@hotmail.com.

Yo

Josh Albrechtsen (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Albrechtsen
Your happy

Tauer Family

Posted: 10 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2001 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Tauer, Hornik, Macht, Steidl, Hubl
Dear Christine,

I found your message very interesting. My Tauer family comes from Vollmau and Meigelshof both of which are near Domalice. I have been in contact with some gentlemen from Prague who have the Tauer's back to 1635. I'm trying to take the family back to intersect with their research. Records for that area are located in the Pilsen (Pilzen) Archive. Some of the contents for that archive are listed in the index for the LDS. You may be able to contact them and find out your answers in that way. If you would like to communicate, please send me an email. I'd love to hear from you. Jean Tauer

Re: Tauer Family

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: Tauer
I am also interested in finding my roots. My grandfather was Frank Tauer born in Kouta N Domazlice Czechoslovakia on March 13, 1873 and died June 26, 1951 in Ord, Nebraska. He married Josie Mach born Feb. 10, 1881 in Wahoo, Nebraska. They married in 1899. They lived in Nebraska there whole life. Josie died March 24, 1963 in Ord Nebraska. He came to the U.S. around 1892. He didnot talk about his life in the Czech Republic. They had a son Frank who died in Wyoming in the 50's, a daughter Fannie Harris who died in 1996 in Lander, Wyoming and another dauhter Minnie Bower (my mother) who died in 1975. Any information would be appreciated.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 9:57PM GMT
The village Frank was born in is probably Kout na Šumavě. Parrish registers are here http://actapublica.eu/matriky/plzen/?akce=hledat&hl_sign...

I browsed through one book and the Tauer family lived there. There´s one Franz (=Frank), but he was born 8.6.1873. http://actapublica.eu/matriky/plzen/prohlizec/3730/?strana=2...

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Tauer
Thank you very much for the information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic