Search for content in message boards

LAZU

LAZU

Steve (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am wondering if this name, Lazu, found in my ancestry is Czech. Is there a way to find that out? Do you have any knowledge of the origins of the name?

Lazu Surname

Posted: 19 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Lazu
The Lazu name originated in France. But it was spelled Lassus. The name can be found in Puerto Rico as Lazu.

Lazu

Sandra Cuminti (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: velazquez, lazu
I was searching for this name which I finally found (Lazu)
my mother is trying to find out some info on the Lazu what country are there from. Her grandmother name was Nicolasa
Lazu and her grandfather name was Ramon Velazquez. Does anyone have information on this name. Thank you

Re: Lazu

Posted: 8 Apr 2005 2:44AM GMT
From my understanding my greatgrandfather was a slave bought by the french and was taken to Puerto Rico. They gave him the name Lazu. And his nick name was El Congo. this name was given to him by the french. I am guessing they had something to do with the sugar cane buisiness at the time. Because then my grandfather was one of the heads at the sugar cane industries in Yabbucoa, Puerto Rico. His name was Juan Maria Lazu. My father was also named after his father. All three of them were all known by the nickname El Congo. Our family still resides in Yabbucoa, Puerto Rico. My father came to Chicago and died in Chicago in 1972. There are a few members of our family that reside in Chicago as well.
So my understanding the name was given to us by the French, but my ancestors were from Africa. If you want anymore information and if I can be of any help please contact me. Hope the information I have provided has helped somewhat.

Posted: 8 Apr 2005 2:46AM GMT
if you want to get in touch with me you can email me at hlazu1@aol.com

beatrice lazu (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2006 12:11AM GMT
Hello Lazu's of the world.

My name is Beatrice Lazu I live in Hartford Connecticut. My father is Andres Lazu and his father's name was Fautino lazu and his wife's name was Ramona. My dad states Lazu is from Seville Spain.
My father and grandfather were born in Calabaza Yabucoa Puerto Rico. I know our family is huge my father had 15 siblings. My grandmother was Laboy and supposedly we have french roots. in seach of my ancestry any ideas?

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 11:24PM GMT
My mother is Arseina Lazu her Father was Faustino Amaro Lazu and her mother was Ramonita Laboy Medina from PR

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 11:27PM GMT
Hi My name is Judith Sanchez my mother is Arseina Lazu my Grandfather was Faustino Amaro Lazu and my Grandmother is Ramonita laboy Medina and yes that's very true what you said regarding the history of the Lazu's
Posted: 1 Jul 2013 12:52AM GMT
hi my name is Daniel I live in Aurora Illinois I just need to know more information about my heritage please respond back. and my family is from yaubucoa Puerto Rico to. Thanks
Posted: 27 Nov 2013 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Lazu's
Hi Daniel or anyone else
My Name is Richard Lopez - chicago and a bunch of the Lazu have lived here - I happen to be related to the Lazus in yabucoa. Hit me up at rhdtv2002@yahoo.com. I can put you in with some of the Lazu cousins I have. They come generally from Barrio Tejas or Calabaza and Jajuya (sp?), but all the Lazu's I have met - are related to the Lopez from Yabuco Bario Tejas.

The Lazu are predominantly in yabucoa BTW..so generally if anyone has that last name - you are related to them

I have two
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions