Search for content in message boards

Frederick A. Hodge

Frederick A. Hodge

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seek descendants of Fredreick A. Hodge, b. about 1873 in Conn., married in Virginia, Roberta Mullan. They lived in VA in 1900, in PA in 1930, and in NY in 1940. Two children: Edward A. Hodge, b. about 1911 in VA, later of New York; and Kitty B. Hodge, b. about 1913 in SC. Any information about their descendants, if any, would be greatly appreciated.
James Bagby

Re: Frederick A. Hodge

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Frederick Hodge was my grandfather; my mother was his eldest surviving daughter, Dorothy Ann Hodge Shaw (b 1903 in Martinsburg WVa). (One older daughter, Catherine, died in infancy.)
His other children were Frederick Arthur
Grace Gay
Mildred Martha
and you know about Edward and Kitty (who was originally Katherine Bagby, but changed her name to Kitty B.)
Frederick had one daughter
Grace (m Charles Stewart-Patterson) had two daughters, Ann and Barbara (Stewart-Patterson). Ann passed away last year, with three children.
Barbara and her husband Barron Mills live in Asheboro, NC and have three daughters.
Mildred (m. Emory Knapp) had three children, Roberta, Charles and Mildred - of whom, the only one I know of who is alive is Mildred (m. Sampson Sanders) and lives in NY state.
Edward married Prudence Hemenway and they had two children - Kenyon Bagby Hodge and Sarah. Ken lives outside of Boston and Sarah, I think, lives in Arizona. Ken has three daughters and Sarah has two sons and a daughter.
Kitty married Dr. R. Andre Kling: they had no children. She passed away in approximately 1995.
My mother married Philip H. Shaw; they had me - no sibs. She passed away in 1980.
I don't know if you know about Frederick's father - Elizer Asa Hodge - he was in the Civil War (2nd CT Volunteers Heavy Artillery) and after his unit was stationed outside of Washington for several years, they were sent south when Grant took control and their first battle was at Cold Harbor. They also participated in the Shenandoah Valley campaign,and at Petersburg, Saylers Creek and Appomattox. He died in 1930 in Washington and is buried at Arlington.
And, by the way, I'm Virginia Shaw Collins married to L. Kimble Collins and we live on Cape Cod. If I can give you any other information, just let me know.
How far back have you traced the family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions