Search for content in message boards

Horans from Tipperary/ Barrys from Limerick

Horans from Tipperary/ Barrys from Limerick

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 10:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Oct 2004 8:18AM GMT
Surnames: Horan
I am interested in hearing from people who have any records
relating to Horans from Tipperary (my late father's ancestors) or Barry's from Limerick (my later mother's ancestors). My father Con Horan's father, John Horan, came from Torah, Rossmore, Co. Tipperary (born 1860). My mother, Nora Horan (nee Barry) came from Clogherviller, Herbertstown, Co. Limerick.

Yours Sincerely,

Con Horan,
7 The Village,
Newbridge,
Co. Kildare,
Rep. of Ireland.
(birthplace Soloheadbeg, Donohill, Co. Tipperary.).

Re: Horans from Tipperary/ Barrys from Limerick

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2005 8:42PM GMT
Hi there - I believe we corresponded a while back. I have been searching for my Horan ancestors and I have found a second cousin in California and we have been sharing our information. Our Great-grandfather came from Tipperary too.

Please let me hear from you.

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 6:14AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2003 6:37PM GMT
Hi Jeanne, 29-6-03.
Thanks for your email and nice to hear from you again. I see you have been a dedicated follower of the Horan genealogy for quite a number of years. If you can give me your email address I will share some notes I have on the family history.

Best Regards,

Con Horan.

Posted: 29 Jun 2003 5:09PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2004 8:18AM GMT
Surnames: Horan, O'Brien
Hello Con,

My name is Tom Horan. I live in Mountain View, California near San Francisco. I'm that second cousin that Jeanne Garibaldi mentioned in her prior e-mail (Hi Jeanne!). Until now, I've focused my efforts on our family history beginning around the 1850-60's in the U.S. (about the time that our great grandfather Matthew Horan and great grandmother Catherine O'Brien immigrated to the U.S. and settled in Illinois), but I'm now getting ready to switch my focus to Ireland. If you don't mind, I would also like to see those Horan family history notes that you mentioned. It seems like it could be a great first step in pursuing a very interesting, and possibly shared, family story.

Thanks,

Tom Horan

Kris (Monigal) Kurtz (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 9:18PM GMT
Here's a small fact that might be of interest. When John Ryan, a son of Philip Ryan and Margaet Gorman of Glenough which borders Torah, was baptised, his sponsors were Conor Horan and Ally Fahy. The baptism took place 9 Jan. 1817 in the Parish of Clonoulty. John Ryan is a brother of my gr. gr. grandpa, Maurice Ryan. They left Ireland in 1850 and ended up in Rockland, Brown, WI, USA. I may be related to a Morrissey family of Torah and am trying to verify that now. Hope this was helpful. Maybe this Conor Horan is your ancestor.

Mike Kearney (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2004 12:33PM GMT
Well, I figured I might as well jump in the Tipperary Horan search as well. My great grandfather was Patrick Horan whom I believe came to America sometime between 1870 and 1875 from Tipperary. I have found some information that indicates that Patrick also had a brother named Michael that may have immigrated with him to America. I would really enjoy seeing any information you may have on the Horan's from Tipperary in hopes that I might be able to find a link to my Horan family. Thanks.

Posted: 16 Jul 2005 8:34PM GMT
It's been a while and I'm on and off on ancestry. I have a great great grandpa named Michael Horan. He came to the US to New York, then took a boat to San Francisco, Sacremento and settled in Grass Valley, California. He stayed there 4 years, married a Margret Lynch on July 31, 1866. She died and he took his 10 year old son William Stanford Horan to Austin, Nevada. settled for a while, then made it to Park City Utah. He was born12 july, 1837 and died 1 sept. 1899 in Park City. I have no information on his parents or brothers and sisters. He was born in Tipperary, Ireland. I would love to connect Partrick to Michael

Mike Kearney (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2005 11:13PM GMT

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 6:47AM GMT
thanks for the respond back. I'm sure they are not related. Michael was alone for all we know when he came to the us. we are looking into anything that links him to anybody. I know in searching a while back, there was a patrick horan that was well known in the war. I found a lot of information on him. I can't remeber the details, but I was mad that I could't link him to my own family. good luck. Gary Horan

Posted: 4 Oct 2013 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: Horan Maloney
My great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Horan born in Tipperary around 1887, immigrated to the US in 1905 to Massachusetts. Her parents were Michael J Horan and her mother's name was Elizabeth Maloney. I know she had an aunt in Massachusetts named Helena Maloney and she had a sister named Helena as well. I don't have any records in Ireland so if any of these names ring a bell or if you come across them, I sure would appreciate hearing from you!
Thanks, Patti
per page

Find a board about a specific topic