Search for content in message boards

Sarah McCrary / Lumpkin County GA 1800's

Sarah McCrary / Lumpkin County GA 1800's

Posted: 6 Mar 2001 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2001 9:38AM GMT
My g-g-grandmother was Sarah McCrary, born 7/18/1845 in Georgia. She married John McDougle on 10/29/1868 in Lumpkin County, GA. She died 12/01/1922. Her father's name may have been "Elijah" or "Eliza" and her mother's name may have been "Mahaley". I am not sure if Mahaley is a maiden name or a first name. This is all I have. Any information on Sarah, her parents or siblings would be greatfully apreciated.

Sarah McCrary

Nancy McKee (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:48AM GMT
My husbands gg Grandfather was Robert R. McCrary b 9-10-1828. He was from SC but went to Merriweather Co., Ga. in 1858 where he met Mary Elizabeth McCrary (They were Cousins) and married her. Her sister was named Sarah. I also know that there was A Dr. ERW. and twin bros. Elijah and E.W. Elisha McCrary. My husbands family came to Texas but do not know where Sarah or her brothers (named G.N. and R.C. in an old letter we have) went. Hope this helps. I will be glad to share any info I have with you. By the way, My Robert R. McCrary served in the 55th GA. Inf. and was captured at Cumberland Gap, Sept. 9, l863. I note that his residence at that time on the was records was listed Fayette Co. GA. Nancy McKee.

Sarah McCrary.

Nancy McKee (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:55AM GMT
My husbands gg Grandfather was Robert R. McCrary. Orig. from SC he went to Merriweather Co. GA in 1858 and Married his cousin Mary Elizabeth McCrary. She had a sister named Sarah and brothers notes as G.N. and R.C. (old handwritten letter) Also mentioned is an Elijah and an E.W. Elisha McCrary who were twins - can't tell how related. Robt R. was in 55th GA. Inf. and captured at Cumberland Gap. I note on the war records that his address in l963 was listed as Fayette Co. They eventually came to Texas. Will be glad to share anything I know. Nancy McKee

Sarah McCrary.

Nancy McKee (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:55AM GMT
My husbands gg Grandfather was Robert R. McCrary. Orig. from SC he went to Merriweather Co. GA in 1858 and Married his cousin Mary Elizabeth McCrary. She had a sister named Sarah and brothers notes as G.N. and R.C. (old handwritten letter) Also mentioned is an Elijah and an E.W. Elisha McCrary who were twins - can't tell how related. Robt R. was in 55th GA. Inf. and captured at Cumberland Gap. I note on the war records that his address in l963 was listed as Fayette Co. They eventually came to Texas. Will be glad to share anything I know. Nancy McKee

Elijah and Elisha McCrary

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 10:54AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 12:06AM GMT
Nancy,

We have either an Elijah or Elisha McCrary in our line, I'm not sure which one though! I have a record of Elisha and Sally Tralor McCrary being married in Rowan County, NC and later a land record for an Elisha McCrary in Pike County, Indiana. As my husband's line of McCrary's is from Knox and Pike Counties, Indiana, I was following the lead that perhaps Elisha was the link I've been searching for. If you have any other details, I would love to know.

Thanks,

Liz Sullivan McCrary
plantbabe@home.com

mccrary family

jodie kingsley (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2001 2:48PM GMT
by change you have

james d mccrary 1833 1831 sc
ellen k mcneil 1831 irl
3rd great grand father.
robert john mccrary
28 nov 1866 il
frances maxwell b 16 feb 1868 il
2nd great gand father
like to shear info on it please jodie

Mccrary family

nancy Mckee (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 3:43PM GMT
Jodie - would like to help but this is info I have. Robert McCrary b. 12-22-1799 d. 9-5, 1862, mm. Nancy. Son Robert R. McCrary bn. Laurance Cty. SC on 9-20-1828, left SC in about 1858 went to Merriweather cty. GA and Married a cousin Mary Elizabeth McCrary a sister to R. C McCrary and Sarah McCrary. Married in 1860. There is evidence that Robert R. had brother Elijah and twin EW - Elisha McCrary. Sorry that is all I know.
Nancy.

elijah and Elisha McCrary

nancy Mckee (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 3:49PM GMT
The only reference I have to Elijah and Elisha McCrary is that they may have been twins and brothers of Robert R. McCrary who was originally from Laurance Cty. SC and moved to Merriweather County Ga. where he married a cousin Mary Elizabether McCrary who had brother RC and sister Sarah. It is certainly possible there is a link because Robert R. was married during the civil was and there was much moving around during and after that time. However this is all I know, and this from a hand written letter in the family. Nancy McKee

Elisha Elijah McCrary

Posted: 25 Apr 2001 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2003 8:16PM GMT
I don't know if this will help or not. Ailsey Permelia Young was the daughter of George and Ailsey Duckett Owens Young. She was born April 17, 1834 in Laurens Co., SC. She married Dr. Elisha Ray Wier McCrary. He was born December 22, 1831 in Laurens Co., SC.They married about 1852-1854 in Laurens Co., SC. She died Feb. 1, 1912. She and Elisha are both buried at Mineral Springs Cem., Howard Co., Arkansas. She was called Aunt Meek in her family. Elisha Ray had a twin brother, Elijah Ray Wesley McCrary who was also a Doctor. They were the sons of Matthew McCrary, son of John McCrary, son of Colonel Robert McCrary of Rev. War fame. Robert McCrary was a brother of Thomas McCrary. Thomas McCrary is my ancestor. When I visited the cemetery at Mineral Springs, AR there were several McCrarys buried there and either 4 or 5 of them were doctors. Some of them having died at an early age.

I hope this helps.

verda wright
vw1930@aol.com

Re: Elisha Elijah McCrary

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 9:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 11:18PM GMT
Do you have any info on parrents of Robert & Thomas (1772-1826)? Could they have been sons or decendents Joseph(1748-1820) & Anna McCrary of Burke County NC?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic