Search for content in message boards

Looking for Info on my dad and his family

Looking for Info on my dad and his family

Kodie Holbert (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2000 7:31AM GMT
My fathers name was James Oliver Whittington. He died in 1987 when I was a child. Anyone I try to talk with gives me the run around and I just want to know more about him. I am also starting to do geneology and am looking for info on his family.

Heres the info I have.

James Oliver whittington

Born May 16 1930
Died Jan 1987
Lived in MT most of his life.
His fathers name I believe was Roscoe Whittington

Whittington

Myrt Beard (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 3:40PM GMT
Kodie, frustrating isn't it!! I have had the same negative results with the Whittington's. Maybe we can help each other. Also searching for information on my father's family to built my family history. I know very little about him.
Carl Lee Whittington
Born 7/19/07
Died Nov. 1977
Mother's name Myrtle. I believe he had a sister named Lucy or Lucile. They lived in Ak. or Texas most of their lifes.

I know it's a long shot but your dad may have been a son or nephew of my father. Do you have any information on your Dad's siblings or uncles?
Please respond to e-mail address:
Boewhale@aol.com

My dad

Kodie Holbert (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 7:15AM GMT
Thanks so much for responding. I know absolutely nothing about my dads uncles. But, as far as his siblings. His mom remarried I'm not sure if it was due to a divorce or a death but his step father and mother They had 2 or three boys. I'll have to call my sister to see if she remebers names. I have no information on my grandfather and only one picture that I know of. My dad grew up in red Lodge MT. There is even a school there or use to be called the Whittington school. For some reason the name Myrtle sounds really familiar to me. But the other name doesn't sorry.
As soon as I get the other info I'll let you know thanks.

Re: My dad

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
I can help you with this family line. Your Dad was my Uncle Jimmy. His father was James Roscoe Whittington born Jan 1, 1883 in Lincoln Center, Kansas to Mr. and Mrs. Albert N. Whittington. When he was about 10 they moved to Red Lodge, MT. If this email is still active, please feel free to contact me.
Gail

Re: Looking for Info on my dad and his family

Posted: 20 Nov 2011 2:53PM GMT
James Oliver Whittington was my father.He married my mom, Jane Cozzens in Red Lodge Mt. around 1947-or 48.From that marriage they had 4 kids. James Jr,Rick,Linda and myself. WE attended his funeral in Roundup and burial in Lavina, which is where his home was at the time of his death.All four children from that marriage still survive.
Posted: 20 Nov 2011 10:40PM GMT
Gail, if James Oliver Whittington was your uncle, then you must be related to me as i am one of four kids from his first marriage.I was born in Red Lodge Mt in 1953.Do I know you?? Would like to hear from you at stevewhittington3@gmail.com

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 5:54AM GMT
It's always fun to do a google search. I'm your half-sis, born in 1957. My Mom's name is JoAnn
Posted: 21 Sep 2012 11:38AM GMT
Hmmm----I wonder how many other brothers and sisters I have that I've never met..Were you born in montana? Did you attend his funeral?

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 10:12PM GMT
Nope, I was born in Jackson, Wy. Mom and Jim were living in the Pinedale area at the time (Daniel). My Mom's name is (was) JoAnn Osborne (Whittington). I never met JIm but I met Uncle Vic in the early 1990's. I used to write to Mina.

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 10:13PM GMT
By the way, at one point I was told that there are 11 of us.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic