Search for content in message boards

lookingfor William Fields Hodge b. abt 1800 son of Nathaniel Hodge and Jane Morrison

lookingfor William Fields Hodge b. abt 1800 son of Nathaniel Hodge and Jane Morrison

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
please help me go backwards if you can!

Re: lookingfor William Fields Hodge b. abt 1800 son of Nathaniel Hodge and Jane Morrison

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 11:56PM GMT

I am Lewis McCuistian. My father, Marion Luke McCuistian was a son of Viola Gertrude Hodge who's father was John McClellan Hodge who was a son of William Fields Hodge.
I'm interested in the Hodge family. I believe Nathan Hodge, b 1728 is as far back I have found.

Re: lookingfor William Fields Hodge b. abt 1800 son of Nathaniel Hodge and Jane Morrison

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 12:01PM GMT
have you come across any native amrican lines possibly jane morrisons mother and father's. Or Nathael 1728 spouse's name?

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 3:30PM GMT
No. I haven't researched them. I would like to go further back with either line, but haven't had time to do it. I knew nothing before John Hodge until recently. He would be my G.grandfather.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 4:43PM GMT
I have heard my liing mother speak of an Aunt Viola Hodge. Mama is 83 her mother was the daughter of william Thomas Hodge son of william Nathniel brother of Your Great granfather. I would like to come forward with any info frm william Fields to present if you have it! Thanks Patsy

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 3:09PM GMT
The Viola Gertrude Hodge I refer to would be my grandmother who died in November 1905 in child birth. The baby lived, my aunt Mary Viola McCuistian. She was two years younger than my dad, Marion Luke McCuistian.
Where does your mother live?
Viola Gertrude Hodge was born in 1887 and married my grandfather who was widowed, having 7 sons and a daughter when his first wife died in 1898. She was very young and my grandfather, Francis Marion McCuistian was 51. They lived at Wimberley, Texas. Granddad left there in about 1911, I think.
They eventually lived at Olney, Texas. I am Lewis McCuistian, 10020 Hanford Dr., Denton, Tx.76207.
Dad's half-siblings included Mattie, the youngest who lived in Demming New Mexico. I have a rather complete McCuistian geneology but didn't know anything about the Hodge line before John McClellan, Viola' dad.
I have a picture of him.

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 8:30PM GMT
check out my baker worthy hodge line anad there are numerous
public trees by others who have extensively researched . John McClellan Hodge was .the son of William Fields Hodge and Sophie Brownlow McClellan of ireland...William Fields was the son of William Nathaiel Hodge as you know he was born in kentucky, my line of Nathaiel Hodge the brother of John was born in Austin Texas. He moved to Shelby County Alabama and married Frances Gertrude Smith. Their son william Thomas married Ida Loraure Grier and had my grandmother Sarah Cornelia Hodge born in Elmore County Alabama. My mother is from Phenix City Alabama

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 8:36PM GMT
#I Natahiel was born in 1728. Took a while but I have put down how his son Nathaniel Hodge IIof 1776 is the same Patriarch as yours. Nathaiel II fought in the battle of 1812 with Benjamin Perryman. He married a native american Sarah Fields. He and Sarah and their children which included William Fields b. abt 1800 who is my ancestor and Nathaniel III Born 1803. Nathaniel married the granddaughter of Benjamin Perryman, Nancy McKellop,mother of Alvin T Hodge,Joanna, and another Nathaniel! I am not sure wherre john Hodge went from Texas..
William Fields owned land in what is now Austin, Travis County and Nathaniel owned land in what is now Houston. William Fileds son William Nathaniel moved back to his families homeland in Alabama , and marriedmy great great grandmother Frances Gertrude Smith Hodge (Fannie)who was 1/2 BB Choctaw. Nathaniel stayed out westand the rest is distant history!

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 2:20PM GMT
Morning Patsy.... Ohhhh My Stars... You have uncovered soooo Much...
I Did Not Know Any Of This...You Sure re a smart girl when it comes to this stuff...lol lol wish I could do the same...My niece in Utah Has Not Uncovered As Much And She Has been doing this for some time now... Yes I do know about the Perrymans....Guess the Trip started with Nathaniel's... My They urge got around....The one who started this was a white man, who married Indian's I Think...I'm going to send this to our cousin Patty Hodge In California...She will add to her info. I'm Sure...
Talk to you soon. Norma

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 4:25PM GMT
My usband g-grandfather Nathaniel Hodge was b.1800 in New York he was a white man he died 1878. I also have Alvin Twitworth Hodge he h was the son of Nancy Ann (MCkellop)Tey had nine Chhildren. I have all there names. Also Alvin gave land to Tulsa for a cemetery prposes only its called Oaklawn Cemetery All the Hodge is there. Been there and seen it. I have all the pictures on my facebook page. Better stop I could go on & on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic