Search for content in message boards

Crossman

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Crossman, Hill, Beckwith, Swaine, Beck, Robertson, Glencross, Ettinger
I am looking for information on Joshua Crossman b 1851 who married Margaret Mccarthy b 1844 of wellington county of kent, new brunswick in 1871. They had the following children: James (eb) Ebenezer Crossman, Margaret Crossman who married a Glencross, tom, william, mary ann Crossman who married a Robertson and then a Beck, kate crossman, and joshua crossman b 1882. I am a descendant of Chapman Swaine b 1708 in nantucket, mass and matthew beckwith b 1637/1645
and of Lewis Ettinger 1753 who came from Germany to kennetcook, nova scotia any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Crossman

Shirley Crossman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Crossman, Carter, Lowerison, Wry, Mitton, Bowser, Fillmore, Bourque, Landry
This is a bit of additional information on your Crossman/McCarthy line:
Joshua Crossman was b. Saint John, N. B. as well as his son James.
Children:
Kate - m. Wallace; Will - m. McLellan; Joe- died young; James; Joshua - d. at 35 and Maggie - m. Glencross.
What does it mean when you list James (eb) Ebenezer Crossman?

Kelly Crossman (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 12:42AM GMT
His nickname was Eb but I have now found out that this is incorrect. He was know as Jimmy. What other info do you have on these people? Thanks a bunch

Posted: 11 Aug 2002 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Query

CROSSMAN (ETTINGER), Mildred May - 76

Mount Denson, Hants Co., passed away on Monday, July 21, 1997, in Hants Community Hospital, Windsor. Born April 10, 1921, in Noel, Hants Co., she was a daughter of the late Ernest and Edith (HANES) ETTINGER. She was formerly employed for several years with Nova Scotia Textiles in Windsor until her retirement, Mildred had been a resident of Mount Denson since 1954. She and her husband were avid card players attending card socials in the Valley and Hants County areas. She was a member of Mont Denson Baptist Church. Mildred will be sadly missed by her family and friends.
Mildred is survived by her husband of 58 years, Stanley (Stan) Vincent CROSSMAN; daughters, Doris (Mrs. Morton REINHARDT), Halifax and Bishopville; Gloria PARIS and friend Marc COOKSON, Mississauga, Ont.; sons Cecil CROSSMAN, Toronto, Ont.; Grant and wife Jackie CROSSMAN, Mississauga; Glendon and wife Lynn CROSSMAN, Hilden, Colchester Co.; grandchildren, Gregory and Christopher REINHARDT; Michelle PARKINSON; Grant C., Kevin, Christopher and Kelly CROSSMAN; Nicole CAISSIE; Jason and Joel PARIS; great-grandchildren, Bryan, Danielle and Scott REINHARDT; Alexander and Eric Steven PARKINSON; Devon and Kayla CROSSMAN; Meagan SQUIRES; sisters, Myrtle (Mrs. Alvah WILE), Falmouth; Aileen ETTINGER and companion Ellsey GREENE, Noel, brothers, Lester ETTINGER, Noel; Cecil and wife Beulah ETTINGER, Bible Hill; Ernest (Doug) ETTINGER, Bible Hill; several nieces and nephews.
She is predeceased by sisters, Almina BARRON, Leona ETTINGER; brother Charles (Pat) ETTINGER.
Funeral service today at 2 pm. from Mount Denson Baptist Church, Rev Charles MILBURY officiating. Burial in Mount Denson Baptist Cemetery, followed by a reception at Mount Denson Hall.
Family flowers only. Donations may be made to Heart and Stroke Foundation of Nova Scotia or to any charity of one’s choice. Arrangements entrusted to Lindsay’s Windsor Funeral Home.

Here is an obituary that may or maynot help.

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ettinger
I have information on Lewis Ettinger.He was my g-g-g-g-grand father, or something of the like
Email me and I will send you what I have
Beth Halvorsen

Posted: 7 Aug 2003 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Crossman/Glencross
My grandmother was Alice Margaret (Maggie) Crossman/Glencross (b July 10, 1890), I have all the information on her marriage and children. Sorry do not have anything about nephews, ie Joshua.

Re: Ettinger

Michael Kruger (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2006 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Ettinger, McCulloch, Nelson, Cooper
Hello:

Lewis (Ludwig) Ettinger, b. 1751, Germany, d. Nov 1839, Kennetcook, NS., Buried St. Peter's Anglican Church Cem., Upper Kennetcook, NS.

Ludwig was my GGGG Grandfather. What information are you looking for?

Mike
Posted: 27 Apr 2011 2:43PM GMT
I would love to receive any information about this line of the family tree.

kellycrossman@hotmail.com
Posted: 27 Apr 2011 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: Crossman, Mccarthy, mcarthy, glencross
This is exciting. I would love to find out more about this branch of the family tree and "Crossman Corner" near Rexton and Richibucto, New Brunswick.
This is where the trail ends for me. If I can extend it past Joshua and Margaret Crossman that would be really great.

Thanks
I can be reached at kellycrossman@hotmail.com
Posted: 19 Jul 2011 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Crossman Glencross Robertson mccarthy
I would love to have any information that you can provide.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions