Search for content in message boards

James McKee

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 3:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information about two different James McKees.

James Harvey McKee was born in New York in 1840 and served in the 144th New York Infantry as a Lt. in Co. I during the Civil War. He became a clergyman in Ohio and died there in about 1916. He wrote the history of the 144th regimemt about 1908. I'm particularly interested in any family history regarding letters or memoribelia he may have brought home at war's end.

James G. McKee was born in Tennessee in 1814 and died in Texas in 1886. He was a surgeon in the 9th Texas Infantry (CSA)from the Fannin Co. area and served in the Texas legislature after the war. Interested in the same kind of information about him as stated above.

Thanks.

Re: James McKee

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 3:30AM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2011 3:40AM GMT
http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/index.php

Came across this link, extremely useful info on McKee's including pictures. I believe that entire page consists of Mckees. It includes marriages,deaths,pedigrees,births,etc. Hope the link works for you.

In the surname box type in McKee and click on search

When you get to that page it's the "3rd" one down I believe it says the David McKee Family It begins with
the earliest McKee's and the descendants.

Re: James McKee

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 4:29PM GMT
Mike, I have a 2nd-GrGr Uncle Dr. James R. McKee, b. 1814 Wilson Co., TN. Served as Sgt with Cos. F & S, 9th Regiment, Texas Infantry. M1 Elizabeth Wilson 10 May 1838 in Obion Co., TN. M2 Elizabeth Locke 14 Apr 1858 in Fannin Co., TX. Died 17 Mar 1886 in Savoy, Fannin Co., TX. Spookily close to your James G. McKee. I've no info about James R. having served in the TX legislature. If you'd like to compare detail notes email me at ekvand@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic