Search for content in message boards

Colbert Family

Colbert Family

Kristina Knight (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Colbert, Brown, Kemp

My g-grandmother was Amanda Colbert daughter of Walton Colbert and Louisa Brown. Walton was the son of Winchester Colbert and Annica Kemp. Annica was the daughter ofLevi Kemp and Polly Frazier. Amanda had several siblings-Minnie, Frank, Serena, Nora, Salina, Mack, Zeno, and Guy.
Does any one have any additional info? THANKS. klkbv@yahoo.com

Colberts

Kris Knight (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Colbert

The info I gave is wrong. Amanda is the d/o Walton Colbert and Louisa Brown.
Walton is the son of Harley Colbert and Elmira Colbert.
Harley is the son of Winchester Colbert and Silsey?
Does anyone know anything about Amandas siblings? klkbv@yahoo.com

brown

Lesa M. Buckley (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, FRAZIER
My ggggrandfather was Loman Brown born in MS, married Rhodie, had son, Slack Brown, married Sylvia Frazier, had son, Joe Loman Brown b 8 Apr 1873, d 14 Feb 1918; dau. Susan Brown, Joe Brown married Mary Ellen Hulse, had dau. Katherine Josephine Brown, b. April 1901, had son, Odis Ludie Brown, b . Nov 1903, d. 9 Feb 1922; Odis m. Theresa Robinson had dau. Owega Novalene Brown b 2 Nov 1921, d 9 Mar 1969. Sylvia Frazier's parents were Jimpson Frazier who married Miss Shim-a-hoy-a on 12 Dec 1855 in Pickens Co., IT. Sylvia had a sister named Frances who married a Kaney.

Do any of these people fit in with your dates and places? Perhaps they could be related.

Lesa

Re: Colberts

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2002 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: Colbert
Walton (Wally) Colbert, born 1863, married Louisa Brown, daughter of Jesse Brown, she was born March 1868, issue;

1. Amanda Colbert, born 1887
2. Mimmie Colbert, born 1889
3. Frank Colbert, born 1890
4. Sarena Colbert, born 1892
5. Nora Colbert, born 1893
6. Salina Colbert, born 1896
7. Mack Colbert, born 1897
8. Zeno Colbert, born 1899 & died October 8, 1900
9. Guy Colbert, born July 17, 1902

Re: Colbert Family

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2010 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Colbert, Kemp, Frazier
In the book "Chickasaw Empire" the Story of the Colbert Family by: Don Martini (February 1986, Ripley, Mississippi)
The following information is found on page 135 for Walton Colbert.
Walton(Wally) Colbert, b: 1863: m: Louisa Brown,b: March 1869(d/o Jesse Brown)
Children
>Amanda Colbert
>Mimmie Colbert
>Frank Colbert
>Serena Colbert
>Nora Colbert
>Salina Colbert
>Mack Colbert
>Zeno Colbert
>Guy Colbert
The following information for Winchester Colbert is listed on Page 128
Winchester Colbert, also called "Daugherty" Colbert & confused with Levi's natural son: b. 1810: d:1880, Atoka,I.T. Married: (sp# 1) Lilsey??(sp#2) Annica Kemp, d/o Levi Kemp
Child with sp#2 Harley Humphrey Colbert
Page 125 Parents of Winchester Colbert is listed as follows:
Samuel Colbert, mentioned only in the King Papers: said to have married Nancy Frazier & had the following children:
>Winchester Colbert
>Susy Perry Colbert
> William James Colbert
> Robert Colbert

Re: Colbert Family

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 12:02AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2002 1:34PM GMT
In searching for information on my family, I keep running into the mention of "KING PAPERS" , What are they and where can I get access to them? thanks shirley

Re: brown

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 9:01PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2002 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Hi,
I read your message and I have some Brown's in my line. I also have a Rhodie. The Brown's in my family were also from Mississippi. Moved to Arkansas. I don't have a lot of info, but was wondering if we have a connection. I have Rhodie down as marrying Dan Brown in 1904. They had the following children: Lunie H., James Clarence, Herman D., Ludie Bell, Audrey Mae and Mittie (All Brown's) Is there any of these names in your family line?

Re: brown

Lesa (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2006 7:54PM GMT
Hi. It is interesting because my ggrandfather's middle name was Ludie, but I have never heard of any of the other names you listed and to date, I have not herd of any of my Browns living in Arkansas. That doesn't mean they didn't, just that I don't know about it.

Sorry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions