Search for content in message boards

Charles W. Caskey - Architect

Charles W. Caskey - Architect

Posted: 16 Feb 2003 8:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2006 12:23PM GMT
Surnames: Caskey, Hunt, Moon
Charles W. Caskey built the Grand Hotel on Makinak Island, Michigan and is my G. G. grandfather. He married Edith Eleanor Hunt 5 Jul 1872. His father is James WIlliam Caskey, SR b. 7 Jan 1822 Glasgow, Scotland, d. 21 Apr 1904 in Harbor Spring, MI. Mother was Lucy Ann Moon, b. 9 Apr 1820 in Ellery, Chautaugua, NY, d. 25 Aug 1918 in Petoskey, MI.

According to the "Biographical HIstory of Northern Michigan Illustrated 1905" Charles W. Caskey and his wife Edith Hunt were living in Seattle, WA at this time operating a saw and planing mill. There is some discussion that he might have built some houses on Lake Washington in Seattle.

So far I've been stuck trying to find out if he died in Seattle or not, or any trace of him in Seattle. I have no details on his ultimate whereabouts nor do we know anything about who Edith Hunt's parents are and what her ultimate located ended up being.

Interested if anyone knows of the famous Charles who built the hotel.

- Patrick
aa7ae@speakeasy.org

Re: Charles W. Caskey - Architect

Kendra Metz (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2006 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2006 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Caskey, MacCaskey
I believe Charles W. Caskey was my great uncle?? My grandmother (still living) tells me he was her grandfather. I have all the records in storage and would be glad to share them with you in a few weeks when I unpack. Please contact me at the hotmail address listed.

Posted: 8 Jun 2011 12:34AM GMT
Hello,
My name is Debbie, and I am a relative of Charles Winthrop Caskey who built the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. My mother’s maiden name is Caskey. We are close direct relatives of him. I have done an extensive geneology of my family. I am wondering who you are... We must be relatives then also... Just saw your post from a search online today.
We live in Michigan, and I have lived here my entire live if you would like to get in contact with me, you can email me at:
debkjup@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 8 Jun 2011 12:36AM GMT
Hello,
My name is Debbie, and I am a relative of Charles Winthrop Caskey who built the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. My mother’s maiden name is Caskey. We are close direct relatives of him. I have done an extensive geneology of my family. I am wondering who you are... We must be relatives then also... Just saw your post from a search online today.
We live in Michigan, and I have lived here my entire live if you would like to get in contact with me, you can email me at:
debkjup@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions