Search for content in message boards

Col. James Robertsons relatives

Col. James Robertsons relatives

Posted: 12 Jan 2000 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2005 3:22AM GMT
I would like to find the names of Col James Robertson`s children, his cousins etc He was one of the founders of Nashville TN.
Thanks-------Glen

James Robertson

Beth Venable Allen (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 8:58PM GMT
My mother is the GGGGG grand-daughter of Charles Robertson, James' brother. According to my mother's research, James and his wife, Mary Gower of England, had the following sons:Felix Robertson, the first caucasian child born in Nashville, John Randolph Robertson, named after James' father, James R. Robertson Jr., and Mark Roberston, supposedly killed by Indians. If you would like further info, e-mail me. My mother has written a "book" on the Robertson family!

James Robertson/Charles Robertson

Posted: 31 Jan 2000 11:32AM GMT
Thank you ,Thank you,for your reply.I would treasure the information in your mothers "book".
In other material I had seen reference to James brother Charles and also a cousin Charles.My Robertson line goes back through Indiana,Brown Co.,Maumee and back to Tenn.or NC and I think there might be a connection.I`m missing about 2 generations from James or Charles.My GGG Grandfather may have married an Indian lady.I look forward to hearing from you.
best regards----------------Glen

James Robertson

Posted: 18 Mar 2000 8:56AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 3:14AM GMT
I am in nashville TN. I have James family group sheet that I will be happy to send you.
History books are full of history of James Robertson. The library here has so many books that I haven't even touched. we lost a Robertson with Boone and others at the alamo in TX. i have a map of scottland that names the areas that the Robertson's lived, It is so large that i t would be hard to map a copy. I might find an address for you to order one if you would like. I went to the HIGHLAND GAMES , and they have vendors. That is where I found mine. Have you seen the video "BRAVE HEART"? it is the story of our ancestry. john Robertson did get his back bone after Wm Wallace was killed. James Washinton Robertson married Eliza jane Wallis(Wallace). My granparents. mildred

James Robertson/NashvillTN

Posted: 19 Mar 2000 3:07PM GMT
Your message is of interest because my family in southern Indiana migrated there from the Nashville Tenn area. they homesteaded in Brown/Monroe Co.s we can`t find a couple of missing links to one of the early Nashville TN lines.
I have been trying to find the offspring of James, and his brothers and cousins--------so far no luck

James Robertson/Nashville,TN

Posted: 26 Mar 2000 6:33AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:49AM GMT
The founder of Nashville died around 1814 at Memphis, TN. Do you know anything about Sterling Clack Robertson or Elbridge G. Robertson? They fit into his family somehow. One of my ancestor had the name Margaret Ann Robertson on her marriage license, but the name Robinson on her tombstone.

TN ROBERTSONS

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 11:11AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2001 3:08AM GMT
My gg grandmother was Victoria Robertson b. 1863 d. 1927 in Wilson Co. She married a Leath. From the census records, I believe her father was J. S. Robertson b. 1830. Do you have any information on this family?
Thanks. cdaniel383@aol.com

ROBERTSON OF WILSON CO TN

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 7:16PM GMT
Email me: Mildeese@aol.com I live on the line of wilson CoTN. tell me what you are looking for and I will be glad to see what I can turn up. mildred

TN ROBERTSON

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 9:12PM GMT
Email me at Mildeese@aol.com I too have missing links. I am looking for infor on James WAshington Robertson. I live in Hermitage, TN On the line of wilson co. But I amin davidson co. mildred

Robertson

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 8:37PM GMT
Edited: 24 Dec 2004 11:17PM GMT
Also trying to get my Robertson line straightened
out. My GGrandfather was William Abbott Robertson
b.18 Nov.1852 in Tn. d.14 Nov. 1914 in Il.,m. Emma
E. Harpending. His father was John Robertson,
mother Jane Clancy? or Clanton? no dates on either
one. I have a James Robertson as Johns father, no
dates. James with three brothers, Charles, John,
Elizah and their father as James Randolph Robertson.
A son of Elizah as Sterling C. Robertson. Brothers
of William Abbott as Phillip, Sam, and John.
No dates for any of these names either. Does
this line sound familiar to anyone? Have always
been told we were related to the Robertson who
founded Nashville (maybe that is what all of the
Robertsons were told). Ha! Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic